Can I Remarry After Annulment?


You can get married once you obtain the Decree of Absolute Nullity or the Decree of Annulment of Marriage. Please note that the court will only issue the Decree after doing the following:

  • Registration of the Entry of Judgment in the Civil Registry of the place where you get married as well as in the Civil Registry of the court that tried your case.
  • Registration of the approved partition and distribution of properties in the Register of Deeds where the properties are located
  • Delivery of the children’s presumptive legitime.

Without you doing all of the above, your subsequent marriage will not be valid.

Go back to the main article: How to File Annulment in the Philippines: An Ultimate Guide