Last Updated on 02/19/2021 by FilipiKnow
This guide provides a rundown of the procedures and requirements for Philippine passport renewal in Kuwait.
Read the main article here: How to Renew Philippine Passport Abroad: Guide for OFWs and Filipino Immigrants
Table of Contents
- Philippine passport renewal requirements in Kuwait.
- Where to renew Philippine passport in Kuwait.
- How to Renew Philippine Passport in Kuwait: 5 Steps.
- Frequently Asked Questions.
- 1. Can I do a walk-in application to renew my Philippine passport?
- 2. I can’t get an appointment for Philippine passport renewal because all slots are full. What should I do?
- 3. I need to renew my passport now, but I can’t secure an appointment. Can I still travel back to the Philippines with an expired passport?
- 4. Can I still renew my expired Philippine passport?
Philippine passport renewal requirements in Kuwait.
- Original old passport.
- Accomplished passport application form.
- Photocopy of passport data page and last page.
- Photocopy of Kuwait residence visa (iqama), if any.
Where to renew Philippine passport in Kuwait.
1. Philippine Embassy in Kuwait.
Update: Effective January 17, 2021, the Philippine Embassy in Kuwait is no longer located at the address below after the owner of the building terminated its lease agreement with the agency due to security reasons1. The Embassy will continue to issue passport validity extensions for Filipinos with expired or nearly expired passports (see the mobile passport service in the next section for more info). Meanwhile, the new temporary embassy will be located at Sabah Al-Salem but the official transfer is yet to be finalized.
- Address: Villa 817, Block 1, Street 101 cor. Abdullah Abdulaziz, Al Humaidi St., Al Siddeeq Area, South Surra, Kuwait City.
- Contact information: +965 2202-2166 / 2202-2167 / 6518-4433 / [email protected] / [email protected]
- Office hours: Sundays to Thursdays.
- Processing: 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Releasing: 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
2. Mobile Passport and Consular Service (Temporary).
As mentioned above, the Philippine Embassy is temporarily closed while it’s looking for its new home. However, the Embassy continues to issue passport validity extensions through the temporary mobile passport and consular service at the Kuwait Disabled Club in Hawally2.
The passport validity extension-only service will be given to Filipinos with expired or nearly expired passports every weekend of February 2021. However, the service may or may not last longer depending on how organized the event will be.
There will be daily quota for the number of applicants who can avail of the passport extension-only service. Due to the ongoing health crisis, all walk-in applicants are still encouraged to wear masks and observe the two-meter social distancing rule.
How to Renew Philippine Passport in Kuwait: 5 Steps.
Update: As of February 2021, the Philippine Embassy in Kuwait is temporarily closed but still offers passport extension-only service (see the previous section for more info). Once the Embassy reopens to the public, then you can follow again the instructions below.
1. Book an appointment online.
Visit the online appointment priority system to get a schedule for your passport renewal.
If the website is unavailable, it means that the Embassy is still finishing its backlogs. Come back later when the online system is reopened.
2. Go to the Philippine Embassy in Kuwait.
Arrive at the venue on your appointment date and time. Submit the complete passport renewal requirements.
3. Pay the Philippine passport renewal fee.
Pay KWD 19.50 for the passport fee at the cashier.
4. Have your photo and biometrics captured.
Make sure to double-check your information that the staff has encoded in the computer.
5. Claim your new Philippine passport.
The minimum processing time for passport renewals in Kuwait is 40 days. Some overseas Filipinos are able to get their new passport earlier in one month.
You may choose to personally pick up your passport in the Embassy or have it delivered to your present or home address.
When you receive your new passport, transfer your Kuwait residence visa to it right away so that you won’t be asked to pay immigration penalties.
Frequently Asked Questions.
2. I can’t get an appointment for Philippine passport renewal because all slots are full. What should I do?
3. I need to renew my passport now, but I can’t secure an appointment. Can I still travel back to the Philippines with an expired passport?
Go back to the main article: How to Renew Philippine Passport Abroad: Guide for OFWs and Filipino Immigrants
- Garcia, B. (2021). Philippine Embassy provides mobile passport extension. Retrieved 19 February 2021, from https://news.kuwaittimes.net/website/philippine-embassy-provides-mobile-passport-extension/
- PUBLIC ADVISORY: MOBILE PASSPORT AND CONSULAR SERVICE DURING WEEKDAYS. (2021). Retrieved 19 February 2021, from https://kuwaitpe.dfa.gov.ph/newsroom/announcements/397-public-advisory-mobile-passport-and-consular-service-during-weekdays