This guide provides a rundown of the procedures and requirements for Philippine passport renewal in Kuwait.
Read the main article here: How to Renew Philippine Passport Abroad: Guide for OFWs and Filipino Immigrants
Table of Contents
- Watch Video: Tips When Renewing Philippine Passport Abroad
- Philippine Passport Renewal Requirements in Kuwait
- Where To Renew Philippine Passport in Kuwait
- How To Renew Philippine Passport in Kuwait: 5 Steps
Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. Can I do a walk-in application to renew my Philippine passport?
- 2. I can’t get an appointment for Philippine passport renewal because all slots are full. What should I do?
- 3. I need to renew my passport now, but I can’t secure an appointment. Can I still travel back to the Philippines with an expired passport?
- 4. Can I still renew my expired Philippine passport?
Watch Video: Tips When Renewing Philippine Passport Abroad
Philippine Passport Renewal Requirements in Kuwait
- Original old passport.
- Accomplished passport application form.
- Photocopy of passport data page and last page.
- Photocopy of Kuwait residence visa (iqama), if any.
Where To Renew Philippine Passport in Kuwait
1. Philippine Embassy in Kuwait
Update: Starting September 12, 2021, all passport services will be made available in the new office of the Philippine Embassy in Kuwait. The Embassy’s new address is at Villa 15, Masjid Al-Aqsa Street, Block 1 in Salwa Area1, near Abdulaziz bin Abdulrahman Al-Saud Road. Processing of passport applications will be by appointment. The schedule of passport release will be from 12 NN to 3 PM.
- Address: Villa 15, Masjid Al-Aqsa Street, Block 1 in Salwa Area, near Abdulaziz bin Abdulrahman Al-Saud Road.
- Contact information: +965 2202-2166 / 2202-2167 / 6518-4433 / [email protected] / [email protected]
- Office hours: Sundays to Thursdays.
- Processing: 7 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Releasing: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. (Waiting Period of 30 – 45 days)
2. VFS Philippine Passport Renewal Center in Kuwait
- Address: Mezzanine floor of UTC Building, Kuwait City.
Note that services in the VFS office2 are for passport renewals only. Changes in the name on the passport must be addressed to the consular section of the embassy.
3. Mobile Passport and Consular Service
As of October 2021, there’s no information from the Philippine Embassy in Kuwait regarding Mobile Passport and Consular Service. All passport renewal applications are currently processed in the new office in Salwa.
How To Renew Philippine Passport in Kuwait: 5 Steps
1. Book an appointment online
If you are planning to apply through the VFS Passport Renewal Center in Kuwait, set an appointment here.
If the website is unavailable, it means that the Embassy is still finishing its backlogs. Come back later when the online system is reopened.
2. Go to the Philippine Embassy in Kuwait/VFS Passport Renewal Center in Kuwait
Arrive at the venue on your appointment date and time. Submit the complete passport renewal requirements.
3. Pay the Philippine passport renewal fee
Pay KWD 19.50 for the passport fee at the cashier. If you are applying through the VFS Passport Renewal Center in Kuwait, you have to pay an additional KWD 10.
4. Have your photo and biometrics captured
Make sure to double-check the information that the staff has encoded in the computer.
5. Claim your new Philippine passport
The minimum processing time for passport renewals in Kuwait is 40 days. Some overseas Filipinos are able to get their new passport earlier in one month.
You may choose to personally pick up your passport in the Embassy or have it delivered to your present or home address.
When you receive your new passport, transfer your Kuwait residence visa to it right away so that you won’t be asked to pay immigration penalties.
Frequently Asked Questions
2. I can’t get an appointment for Philippine passport renewal because all slots are full. What should I do?
3. I need to renew my passport now, but I can’t secure an appointment. Can I still travel back to the Philippines with an expired passport?
Go back to the main article: How to Renew Philippine Passport Abroad: Guide for OFWs and Filipino Immigrants
- The Embassy. (2021). Retrieved 23 October 2021, from https://kuwaitpe.dfa.gov.ph/the-embassy
- Laxa, R. (2021). Philippine Embassy introduces new site and location for passport renewal. Retrieved 23 October 2021, from https://www.timeskuwait.com/news/philippines-embassy-introduces-new-site-and-location-for-passport-renewal/?fbclid=IwAR0dV1YmDkzKXlQjkRrMLzZGtXI3aFCryx1ZZmBU0eH3UU9KiHZpBNBSit8