How To Get US Visa for a Yaya, Caregiver, or Secretary

You’ll be applying for the B1 Visa for Domestic/Personal Employee, a special visa category for a family’s yaya, caregiver, or secretary.

The visa application process for your personal employee is the same as yours. The only difference is the category indicated during the online appointment and the interview starts earlier than yours.

Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to apply a US visa for your personal employee:

  1. Go to this link and completely fill out the DS-160 Form with your employee’s details.
  2. Pay the US Visa Application Fee through BPI Online or Bancnet Online. You can also pay over-the-counter at any BPI branch.
  3. After successfully paying the visa fee, go to this site and create a profile for your personal employee.
  4. Select ‘Domestic Employee’ from the list of visa category options.
  5. On the day of the interview, the appointment for personal employees is at 7:30 AM while yours (regular B1 or B2 application) will start at 9:00 AM.

Go back to the main article: How to Apply for a US Visa in the Philippines: An Ultimate Guide