How to Apply for Philippine Passport for Minors Without Both Parents

Last Updated on

In cases when both parents are not available to assist their minor child with the passport application, an authorized adult companion can take their place.

Aside from the core requirements listed here, the parents and the minor applicant must ensure all the following requirements will be provided on the day of application:

  • Special Power of Attorney (SPA) executed by the parent/s. It must designate the minor’s adult companion to assist in the application process. An attached Affidavit of Support and Consent with a copy of the parent/s’ valid ID and/or passport/s should be included. If executed abroad, the SPA and the Affidavit must be authenticated by the Philippine Embassy/Consulate.
  • Valid passport or valid government-issued ID of the authorized adult companion.
  • DSWD travel clearance (in case the minor applicant is not traveling with parent/s).

Go back to the main article: How to Get Philippine Passport for Minors: An Ultimate Guide