Find out how to renew your Philippine passport in Malaysia with this short and updated guide for Filipinos.
Read the main article here: How to Renew Philippine Passport Abroad: Guide for OFWs and Filipino Immigrants
Table of Contents
- Watch Video: Tips When Renewing Philippine Passport Abroad
- Philippine Passport Renewal Requirements in Malaysia
- Where To Renew Philippine Passport in Malaysia
How To Renew Philippine Passport in Malaysia: 7 Steps
- 1. Set an Online Appointment
- 2. Go to the Philippine Embassy or PaRC in Kuala Lumpur
- 3. Submit Passport Requirements
- 4. Pay the Philippine Passport Fee
- 5. Proceed to Biometrics Data Capturing and Encoding
- 6. Check for the Availability of Your New Passport
- 7. Claim Your Passport or Wait for It To Be Mailed to You
Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. Can I do a walk-in application to renew my Philippine passport?
- 2. I can’t get an appointment for Philippine passport renewal because all slots are full. What should I do?
- 3. I need to renew my passport now, but I can’t secure an appointment. Can I still travel back to the Philippines with an expired passport?
- 4. Can I still renew my expired Philippine passport?
Watch Video: Tips When Renewing Philippine Passport Abroad
Philippine Passport Renewal Requirements in Malaysia
- Personal appearance of the applicant at the appointment venue.
- Accomplished passport application form.
- Original current passport.
- Photocopy of the passport data page.
Where To Renew Philippine Passport in Malaysia
1. Philippine Embassy in Malaysia
- Address: G/F No. 1 Jalan Changkat Kia Peng, 50450 Kuala Lumpur.
- Contact information: +(603) 2148-4233 / [email protected]
- Office hours: Mondays to Fridays, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
2. Philippine Passport Renewal Center (PaRC)
Since November 16, 2021, the newly opened Philippine Passport Renewal Center (PaRC) in Kuala Lumpur has started processing simple Philippine passport renewal applications.
If you’re renewing your passport without any change in your biographic details, then you can schedule an appointment with the PaRC through its official website.
The PaRC is located on the Ground Floor, 7 & 9, Jalan Medan Tuanku Satu, 50300 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia1. The office is open to renewal applicants from Tuesdays to Sundays, from 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM.
Take note that if the purpose of your application is one of the following, it can only be processed by the Philippine Embassy:
- New passport applications;
- Lost passport applications;
- Mutilated passport applications;
- Applications for renewal of green and maroon passport; and
- Passport applications that would require any change in the biographical details of the applicant (e.g., change of applicant’s name from maiden name to married name).
3. Consular Outreach Mission
Every month, the Embassy conducts mobile consular services, including passport renewal processing, in different areas outside Kuala Lumpur. To know the schedules and venues of the consular outreach, check the Embassy’s website and Facebook page.
Update: As of October 2021, there’s no update regarding any upcoming consular outreach program from the embassy. The last outreach mission was dated February 2020.
4. Special Appointments for Urgent Passport Renewals (To Be Announced)
The Philippine Embassy in Kuala Lumpur occasionally opens Special Appointments for Passport Renewals2. However, you need to meet certain qualifications for you to be able to renew your passport through these appointments. The embassy announced through their Facebook page the conduct of these Special Appointments together with the instructions. Check the embassy’s Facebook page regularly for updates regarding these Special Appointments.
How To Renew Philippine Passport in Malaysia: 7 Steps
1. Set an Online Appointment
Visit the online appointment system and select Passport Application from the list of consular services. Choose your preferred date and time from the available slots on the calendar.
Then fill out the appointment form with the required details and click Submit. Print or take a screenshot of the appointment letter that will appear on the screen. You’ll receive the confirmation letter in your email, too.
If you’re applying for a simple Philippine passport renewal (i.e., no changes or updates in your personal/biographic details), then you may consider scheduling an appointment with the PaRC instead. To secure an appointment, simply access the BLS International – Philippine Passport Renewal Center (PaRC) website, then select Schedule an Appointment. Fill out the online appointment form and click the Book Now button once you’re done. Expect to receive an email confirmation containing your appointment date and time.
2. Go to the Philippine Embassy or PaRC in Kuala Lumpur
Come to the venue at the exact date and time of your appointment. You won’t be allowed to enter the Embassy if you arrive late.
Proceed to the Consular Section on the ground floor of the Embassy. Present your appointment letter printout and get a queue number from the automated queue system.
On the other hand, the Philippine Passport Renewal Center (PaRC) is located at the Ground Floor, 7 & 9, Jalan Medan Tuanku Satu, 50300 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Don’t forget to bring and present the email confirmation you received (see the previous step) and present it to the security guard. In addition to that, make sure you arrive at the venue at least 15 minutes earlier than your appointment time.
3. Submit Passport Requirements
When your number is flashed on the screen, go to Window 1 and submit your documents.
After the staff has evaluated the requirements, wait for your number to be called again for the passport fee payment.
4. Pay the Philippine Passport Fee
Go to Window 3 and pay RM 288 for the passport renewal fee.
If you’re applying through the PaRC, a processing fee of RM 1133 shall also be charged from you.
5. Proceed to Biometrics Data Capturing and Encoding
Wait for your number to be called again for the next step, which is capturing and encoding your data at Door 5.
Applicants can have their passports delivered via courier. If you want your passport to be mailed to you instead of claiming it personally, bring a prepaid, self-addressed PosEkspres (XS size) envelope during your passport renewal application.
6. Check for the Availability of Your New Passport
Expect your passport to arrive one to two months from your application date.
While waiting for your new passport, you may check its availability on the Passport Finder section of the Embassy’s website. Just enter your service number or receipt number (found on your official receipt) and surname then click the Submit button.
7. Claim Your Passport or Wait for It To Be Mailed to You
If you didn’t arrange for passport delivery, pick up your passport at the Embassy. No need to make an appointment for that.
However, you have to follow a schedule for passport release4. Go to the Embassy only on the day of the week assigned to the first letter of your surname.
- A-C: Every Wednesday
- D-H: Every Thursday
- I-M: Every Monday
- N-R: Every Tuesday
- S-Z: Every Friday
For example, if your surname is Fajardo, you can get your passport on a Thursday.
When claiming your new passport, present your old passport and official receipt.
You may ask an immediate family member to claim your new passport on your behalf.
The authorized representative must present your notarized authorization letter, old passport, and the official receipt, as well as his or her valid ID.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I do a walk-in application to renew my Philippine passport?
2. I can’t get an appointment for Philippine passport renewal because all slots are full. What should I do?
3. I need to renew my passport now, but I can’t secure an appointment. Can I still travel back to the Philippines with an expired passport?
4. Can I still renew my expired Philippine passport?
Go back to the main article: How to Renew Philippine Passport Abroad: Guide for OFWs and Filipino Immigrants
- Philippine Embassy in Malaysia. (2021). Advisory No. 60-2021: Philippine Passport Renewal Center (PaRC) in Kuala Lumpur [Image]. Retrieved from https://hi-in.facebook.com/PHinMalaysia/photos/pcb.4660172100706395/4660170684039870/?type=3&theater
- Philippine Embassy in Malaysia. (2021). Advisory No. 19-2021: Special Appointments for Urgent Passport Renewals [Image]. Retrieved from https://www.facebook.com/PHinMalaysia/photos/pcb.4044537245603220/4044536735603271/
- Document Requirements for Philippine Passport Renewal in Malaysia. (2021). Retrieved 22 December 2021, from http://malaysia.blsphilippinepassport.com/document-requirements.php
- Philippine Embassy in Malaysia. (2020). Abiso sa Publiko Ukol sa Online Appointment System [Image]. Retrieved from https://www.facebook.com/PHinMalaysia/photos/pcb.3016377998419155/3016371301753158/
13 thoughts on “How To Renew Philippine Passport in Malaysia: An Ultimate Guide”
You can go to BLS PaRC as a walk In applicant. No need to book an appointment. They are open from Monday to Friday,10am to 7pm. Just bring your original passport.
My apologies! I found the form, thank you so much.
MY APOLOGIES! I found the online link to the passport application. Thank you very much! Much appreciated. My appointment is on September 23, at 2-3 pm.
I cannot appointment always full I need to renew my passport bcz this yr expert
How come the online application form is no longer available online?
Can i still renew my old passport even it’ already expired in how mang years?
You can find the answer here: https://filipiknow.net/can-i-still-renew-my-expired-philippine-passport/
Can i still renew my passport here in Malaysia even though Im over stay already? My passport will expire this October 2020
I have a question my Sisters lived in Malaysia with His Husband and kids.
She need to renew her passport and her daughter passport.
But because of the coronavirus they’re afraid to go outside.
May I know if there’s any possible that she can renew her Passport trough ONLINE?
Please message me as soon as Possible
Thank you so much for your time
Not that I know of. But you can ask the Philippine Consulate in Malaysia if there’s any possible workaround.
Can an expired 20 years philippine passport be renew in malaysia?