Last Updated on
Find out how to renew Philippine passport in Malaysia with this short and updated guide for Filipinos.
Read the main article here: How to Renew Philippine Passport Abroad: Guide for OFWs and Filipino Immigrants
Table of Contents
- Philippine passport renewal requirements in Malaysia.
- Where to renew Philippine passport in Malaysia.
- How to Renew Philippine Passport in Malaysia: 6 Steps.
- About the Author.
Philippine passport renewal requirements in Malaysia.
- Accomplished passport application form.
- Original current passport.
- Photocopy of the passport data page.
Where to renew Philippine passport in Malaysia.
1. Philippine Embassy in Malaysia.
- Address: G/F No. 1 Jalan Changkat Kia Peng, 50450 Kuala Lumpur.
- Contact information: +(603) 2148-4233 / [email protected]
- Office hours: Mondays to Fridays, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
2. Consular outreach mission.
Every month, the Embassy conducts mobile consular services, including passport renewal processing, in different areas outside Kuala Lumpur.
How to Renew Philippine Passport in Malaysia: 6 Steps.
1. Go to the Philippine Embassy in Kuala Lumpur.
Proceed to the Consular Section on the ground floor of the Embassy. Get a queue number from the automated queue system.
2. Submit passport requirements.
When your number is flashed on the screen, go to Window 1 and submit your documents.
After the staff has evaluated the requirements, wait for your number to be called again for the passport fee payment.
3. Pay the Philippine passport fee.
Go to Window 3 and pay MYR 288 for the passport renewal fee.
4. Proceed to biometrics data capturing and encoding.
Wait for your number to be called again for the next step, which is capturing and encoding your data at Door 5.
Applicants can have their passport delivered via courier. If you want your passport to be mailed to you instead of claiming it personally, bring a prepaid, self-addressed PosEkspres (XS size) envelope during your passport renewal application.
5. Check for the availability of your new passport.
Expect your passport to arrive one to two months from your application date.
While waiting for your new passport, you may check its availability on the Passport Finder section of the Embassy’s website. Just enter your service number or receipt number (found on your official receipt) and surname then click the Submit button.
6. Claim your passport or wait for it to be mailed to you.
If you didn’t arrange for passport delivery, pick up your passport at the Embassy. Present your old passport and official receipt.
You may ask an immediate family member to claim your new passport on your behalf.
The authorized representative must present your notarized authorization letter, old passport, and the official receipt, as well as his or her valid ID.
Go back to the main article: How to Renew Philippine Passport Abroad: Guide for OFWs and Filipino Immigrants
About the Author.
Venus Zoleta is an experienced writer and editor for nearly 15 years, covering topics on personal finance, travel, government services, and digital marketing. Her background is in journalism and public relations. In her early 20s, she started investing and purchased a home. Now, she advocates financial literacy for Filipinos and shares her knowledge online. When she’s not working, Venus bonds with her pet cats and plans her next travel adventure.