Last Updated on
You can transfer money from your BDO account to your GCash account through BDO Personal Banking/Mobile Banking. For each transfer/transaction, BDO will charge you Php 50.
Here are the steps to load/top up your GCash wallet directly through BDO:
- Log in to your BDO account (BDO Personal Banking/Mobile Banking). This can either be through the app or the BDO website.
- Select ‘Send Money’ and then ‘To Another Local Bank’.
- Select ‘Proceed without a template’ and then click ‘Continue’.
- Fill in the required information (Transaction Type: ‘Credit to Other Bank’; Transfer from: Your bank account number; Destination Bank: G-Xchange, Inc.; Destination Account Number: The recipient’s GCash 11-digit mobile number; Purpose of Transaction: Fund Transfer; Template Name/Description: Gcash (or anything you want to name it).
- Review the payment details then click ‘Continue’ to proceed with the transaction.
- Wait for the text message from GCash or email from BDO confirming the success of the transaction.
Another option is to enroll your BDO Mastercard as a Cash-In option.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to transferring money from your BDO debit card to GCash:
- Go to the GCash app and click the ‘Cash-In’ option.
- Go to the ‘Online Banks’ section and select the ‘MasterCard/VISA Bank’ option.
- Assuming you haven’t added your BDO card yet, click ‘Add now’.
- Select ‘Add Card’.
- Provide the required card details like the cardholder’s name, card number, expiry date, and CVV.
- Complete the verification details.
- Once you have successfully enrolled your card, you can start using it to transfer money to your GCash.
- Repeat steps 1 & 2 and select your BDO Card.
- Indicate the amount that you want to cash in.
- Confirm the transaction.
- You’ll receive an SMS notification that the Cash-In transaction has been completed.
Go back to the main article: How to Use GCash in the Philippines: An Ultimate Guide