I Recently Got Married. Should I Use My Maiden Name or My Husband’s Surname in My Philippine Passport?

Under Philippine law, using your husband’s surname or your married name in your Philippine passport is optional.

However, should you decide to use your husband’s surname/married name in the passport, you won’t be able to change it unless your spouse has died or your marriage has been legally dissolved/invalidated.

If you choose to use your husband’s surname in your passport, you need to bring/present a PSA copy of your marriage certificate (if married in the Philippines).

Meanwhile, for marriages outside the Philippines, you need to report your marriage to the Philippine Embassy or Consulate with jurisdiction over the country where the marriage/wedding ceremony took place.

Go back to the main page: How to Get Philippine Passport: An Ultimate Guide