With this guide about Philippine passport renewal in Australia, you can establish a new life in the land Down Under while keeping your Philippine citizenship intact.
Read the main article here: How to Renew Philippine Passport Abroad: Guide for OFWs and Filipino Immigrants
Table of Contents
- Watch Video: Tips When Renewing Philippine Passport Abroad
- Philippine Passport Renewal Requirements in Australia
- Where To Renew Philippine Passport in Australia
- How To Renew Philippines Passport in the Philippine Embassy/Consulate in Australia: 6 Steps
- How To Renew Philippine Passport Through Mobile Passport Service: 4 Steps
Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. Can I do a walk-in application to renew my Philippine passport?
- 2. I can’t get an appointment for Philippine passport renewal because all slots are full. What should I do?
- 3. I need to renew my passport now, but I can’t secure an appointment. Can I still travel back to the Philippines with an expired passport?
- 4. Can I still renew my expired Philippine passport?
Watch Video: Tips When Renewing Philippine Passport Abroad
Philippine Passport Renewal Requirements in Australia
- Accomplished passport application form.
- Canberra: Download here
- Sydney: Download here
- Original latest passport.
- Photocopy of passport’s first page and last page.
- Photocopy of the latest Australian visa page / Printed Visa Entitlement Verification Online (VEVO) or Certificate of Evidence of Resident Status (CERS).
- Self-addressed prepaid Registered Post or Express Post return envelope.
Where To Renew Philippine Passport in Australia
1. Philippine Embassy in Canberra
- Address: 1 Moonah Place, Yarralumla, ACT 2600.
- Contact information: (02) 6273-2535 to 36 ext 231 / or 0408 735 3831 / [email protected] / [email protected]
- Office hours: Mondays to Fridays, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
2. Philippine Consulate in Sydney
- Address: Level 1, Philippine Centre, 27-33 Wentworth Avenue, Sydney NSW 2000.
- Contact information: (02) 9262-7377 / [email protected] / [email protected] / 0415 426 400 (SMS for urgent passport concerns; available from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.)
- Office hours: Mondays to Fridays, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
3. Mobile passport mission
The Embassy conducts mobile passport services in Melbourne, Darwin, Adelaide, Perth, and Brisbane every year.
If you live outside ACT and NSW and can’t fly to these states, renewing your passport through a mobile passport mission is more convenient.
How To Renew Philippines Passport in the Philippine Embassy/Consulate in Australia: 6 Steps
1. Schedule an appointment online
When applying for passport renewal, applicants should get an appointment through the Philippine Embassy Appointment System or PCG Sydney Appointment System.
Senior citizens, PWDs, and others who previously qualified for the courtesy lane are now required to get an appointment before renewing their passports.
Once you’ve secured a slot, you’ll receive an email confirmation. Print the confirmation email and bring it to the Embassy or Consulate on your appointment day.
If you change your mind, you may cancel or reschedule your booking through the online appointment system or by directly contacting the Embassy/Consulate.
2. Go to the Philippine Embassy/Consulate
On your scheduled appointment, arrive at the venue 15 to 30 minutes early. Proceed to the Passport Counter, present your appointment confirmation, and submit the requirements for evaluation.
3. Pay the Philippine passport renewal fee
The passport renewal fee in Australia is AUD 108.
Aside from cash, the Consulate accepts payments in an Australian money order or bank cheque.
4. Undergo photo and biometrics capture, data encoding, and verification
Your photo, fingerprints, and signature will be digitally captured. Your information will also be encoded on a computer.
5. Check the status of your application online
If you applied in Canberra, go to the Advisory page of the Embassy website and click the “ePassports Ready for Release” link to see if your passport is available for release.
Meanwhile, if you applied in Sydney, visit the ePassport Updates page of the Consulate website.
6. Wait for the delivery of your new Philippine passport
Passport renewal applications in Canberra take six to eight weeks to process, while those in Sydney are processed in four to six weeks.
Personal collection of the new passport is no longer allowed both by the Philippine Embassy and Consulate in Australia. Once they arrive from the Philippines, passports are released by mail.
To receive your passport via mail, send the following to the Embassy/Consulate via mail:
- Old passport.
- Official receipt.
- Self-addressed prepaid Registered Post or Platinum Express Post return envelope.
Your canceled old passport, together with your new passport, will be returned to you via mail.
Once you get your passport, notify the Department of Immigration and Border Protection about your new passport details so that these can be linked to your visa.
Related: How To Apply for an Australian Tourist Visa: A Complete Guide for Filipino Tourists
How To Renew Philippine Passport Through Mobile Passport Service: 4 Steps
Update: As of October 2021, the Philippine Embassy in Canberra is evaluating the travel restrictions and public situations to conduct mobile passport missions in Brisbane and Perth. Kindly refer to this announcement for more information. Meanwhile, the Philippine Consulate in Sydney has resumed its consular outreach missions. Kindly check their Facebook page or website for the latest updates on their upcoming outreach missions.
1. Check for announcements on mobile passport missions
Visit the Philippine Embassy website and Facebook page for announcements on when and where the next mission will be held, and when it will accept renewal applications.
2. Get an appointment
Slots for mobile passport missions are limited, which is why the Embassy requires an appointment. Walk-in applications during mobile missions are not allowed.
Once a mobile passport mission in a city near you is announced, mail all the requirements (except for the original passport) to the Embassy in Canberra before the deadline. Applications sent via email are not accepted.
Wait for the email confirmation of your passport appointment within three weeks. If you have not received it, check your Spam folder.
If it isn’t there, send an email to [email protected] to confirm your attendance.
3. File your passport renewal application
Arrive at the venue at least 30 minutes before your scheduled appointment.
Bring your original passport and passport fee payment of AUD 118 in postal money order, payable to the Philippine Embassy.
4. Claim your new Philippine passport
For applications filed at mobile missions, passports are claimed via mail.
Send through registered post/express post platinum your old passport, photocopy of official receipt, and self-addressed prepaid Registered Post/Express Post Platinum return envelope to the Philippine Embassy.
The Embassy will cancel your old passport and send it back to you, along with your new passport, using the self-addressed envelope you provided.
Related: How To Get a Job in Australia (Plus Latest POEA Jobs)
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I do a walk-in application to renew my Philippine passport?
2. I can’t get an appointment for Philippine passport renewal because all slots are full. What should I do?
3. I need to renew my passport now, but I can’t secure an appointment. Can I still travel back to the Philippines with an expired passport?
4. Can I still renew my expired Philippine passport?
Go back to the main article: How to Renew Philippine Passport Abroad: Guide for OFWs and Filipino Immigrants
- Contact Us. Retrieved 20 October 2021, from https://www.philembassy.org.au/contact
29 thoughts on “How To Renew Philippine Passport in Australia: An Ultimate Guide”
Do you know what is the difference of the two Passport Services Encoder 1 and Passport Encoder 2?
I live in Cairns qld. I wish to renew my Filipino passport do I have to go to Sydney or Canberra to renew it ,can I do it online or another way.
Because of the lockdown on Covid, I cant travel to Sydney to renew my passport. What shud i do now.
Na delete ko po yung email confirmation ng passport renewal ko,kailangn po pala yon na i print at dalhin sa embassy,pano po kaya yun? Salamat po sa sagot
can expired passport be renewed, if yes, how?
You can find the answer here: https://filipiknow.net/can-i-still-renew-my-expired-philippine-passport/
hi jes expired na po passport ko 1 year ago.hindi ko po na asikaso ksi namatay po 11 years old ko na anak sa pinay.paano po ako mg renew?thanks honey
Hi what if i accidentally wash my passport. How can i get replacement? Thanks
Read this: https://filipiknow.net/damaged-philippine-passport/