Last Updated on 10/23/2021 by FilipiKnow
Are you one of the thousands of Filipinos who are working or permanently living in the United Kingdom?
In this detailed yet concise guide, you’ll learn about Philippine passport renewal in the UK so you know what to do the moment your passport expires.
Read the main article here: How to Renew Philippine Passport Abroad: Guide for OFWs and Filipino Immigrants
Table of Contents
- Philippine passport renewal requirements in the UK.
- Where to renew Philippine passport in the UK.
- Philippine Passport Renewal in UK: 5 Steps.
- 1. Secure an online appointment.
- 2. Go to the passport renewal venue on the day of your appointment.
- 3. Pay the Philippine passport renewal fee.
- 4. Have your photo and biometric data captured.
- 5. Receive your new Philippine passport.
- Frequently Asked Questions.
- 1. Can I do a walk-in application to renew my Philippine passport?
- 2. I can’t get an appointment for Philippine passport renewal because all slots are full. What should I do?
- 3. I need to renew my passport now, but I can’t secure an appointment. Can I still travel back to the Philippines with an expired passport?
- 4. Can I still renew my expired Philippine passport?
Philippine passport renewal requirements in the UK.
1. Core renewal requirements1.
- Accomplished passport application form. Click here to download the application form for adult applicants or click here to download application form for minors.
- Original latest passport.
- Photocopy of the passport data page.
- Printout of a confirmed appointment.
- Self-addressed stamped special delivery envelope with tracking number (Click here for the Embassy’s recommended envelope.)
2. Additional requirements/supporting documents.
a. For minors.
- Original and photocopy of the accompanying parent’s valid passport
- Original and photocopy of the applicant’s School ID (if available).
b. For dual citizens.
Original and photocopy of each of the following:
- Oath of Allegiance
- Identification Certificate
- Order of Approval
Where to renew Philippine passport in the UK.
1. Philippine Embassy in London, United Kingdom.
- Address: 6-11 Suffolk St., London SW1Y 4HG (5-minute walk from Piccadilly Circus station).
- Contact information: (+44) 20-7451-1780 / [email protected] / [email protected] (for emergencies)
- Office hours: Mondays to Fridays, 09:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.2
2. Philippine ePassport Renewal Processing Center in Dublin, Ireland.
On a Facebook post published in October 20213, the Philippine Embassy in the United Kingdom officially announced that the new Philippine ePassport Renewal Processing Center in Dublin, Ireland has finally opened.
Take note, however, that this venue only processes simple passport renewal applications for both adults and minors. You will need to apply directly at the Philippine Embassy in London if your concern is one of the following:
- Renewal of Philippine passport that has been expired for two (2) years or more
- New ePassport application
- Renewal application with request to change applicant’s name
- Replacement of lost or damaged Philippine passport
- Other complicated passport applications
3. Philippine ePassport Renewal Center in Edinburgh, Scotland.
In October 2021, the Philippine Embassy in the UK simultaneously announced the opening of new Philippine ePassport Renewal Centers in both Dublin, Ireland, and Edinburgh, Scotland. The new passport renewal center in Scotland5 is likewise open from Monday to Friday but by appointment only. If you want to secure an appointment via VFS Global, scan the QR code above or click this link.
Again, transactions processed at these new renewal centers are only straightforward passport renewal applications. If your concern is about the renewal of a passport that has been expired for two years or more, a lost/damaged passport that you want to replace, or other more complicated issues, please proceed to the Philippine Embassy in London.
4. Consular outreach mission.
If you live too far from London, a more convenient way to renew your passport is through a consular outreach in your area.
Each announcement includes the schedule, venue, and link to the appointment request form.
Booking an appointment is a must for applicants in most consular missions, while some accept walk-in applicants.
Provide your own self-addressed envelope at the outreach site for mailing your new passport. You may pay for the postage stamps on-site.
Update: As of October 2021, the Philippine Embassy in the United Kingdom plans to continue its outreach mission6. Check the embassy’s webpage for updates.
Philippine Passport Renewal in UK: 5 Steps.
Here’s the updated step-by-step guide to renewing your Philippine passport in the UK7:
1. Secure an online appointment.
The Philippine Embassy’s passport renewal service is by appointment only. Before you go to the Embassy in London, book a slot first through the passport appointment system.
Click on Passport from the list of services and then choose an available date and time for your passport renewal. Enter the required details and submit the accomplished online form. Lastly, print the appointment confirmation sent to your email.
If you’re struggling to get an appointment slot, just be persistent and try to book an appointment at multiple random times. The Embassy in London will continue to gradually release appointment slots. When exactly these slots will be released isn’t stated but the passport application page mentions that new appointment schedules are added every second and fourth Monday of the month, between 12 PM and 3 PM.
The services at the new Philippine ePassport Renewal Processing Centers in Dublin, Ireland, and Edinburgh, Scotland are likewise available by appointment only. If you want to book an appointment, just click the following links:
2. Go to the passport renewal venue on the day of your appointment.
a. Philippine passport renewal at the Embassy in London.
Arrive early at the Embassy on your day of passport appointment.
Proceed to the Consular Hall on the ground floor and get a ticket from the queue number machine.
When your number is called, go to the Processing Counter and submit the requirements for evaluation.
b. Philippine passport renewal at the new processing centers in Dublin and Edinburgh.
As for the new passport renewal centers in Ireland and Scotland, their addresses are as follows:
- Dublin, Ireland: 700 South Circular Road, Dublin 8, Ireland.
- Edinburgh, Scotland: 1 Rennie’s Isle, Edinburgh EH6 6QT, United Kingdom.
3. Pay the Philippine passport renewal fee.
Go to the cashier and pay GBP 55 for the passport processing fee.
4. Have your photo and biometric data captured.
Proceed to the Passport Encoding Room for your photo and biometric data capture, data encoding, and data verification.
5. Receive your new Philippine passport.
Processing passport renewals filed in the Embassy take around eight (8) to ten (10) weeks.
Personal pickup of the passport at the Embassy is not allowed. When your new passport is ready for release, the Embassy will mail it to you using the envelope you submitted during your renewal application.
Frequently Asked Questions.
2. I can’t get an appointment for Philippine passport renewal because all slots are full. What should I do?
3. I need to renew my passport now, but I can’t secure an appointment. Can I still travel back to the Philippines with an expired passport?
Go back to the main article: How to Renew Philippine Passport Abroad: Guide for OFWs and Filipino Immigrants
- Passport. (2021). Retrieved 23 October 2021, from https://londonpe.dfa.gov.ph/consular-matters/passport
- Contact Details. (2020). Retrieved 13 October 2021, from https://londonpe.dfa.gov.ph/contact-us/contact-us
- Philippine Embassy in the United Kingdom. (2021). Now Open! Philippine ePassport Processing Center in Dublin, Ireland [Image]. Retrieved from https://www.facebook.com/PHLinUK/photos/mga-kababayan-sa-ireland-maaari-ng-magparenew-ng-pasaporte-sa-ireland-dahil-buka/4858823454136448/
- VFS Philippine ePassport Processing Centers Now Open in Edinburgh and Dublin. (2021). Retrieved 23 October 2021, from https://londonpe.dfa.gov.ph/embassy-news/1269-vfs-philippine-epassport-processing-centers-now-open-in-edinburgh-and-dublin
- Philippine Embassy in the United Kingdom. (2021). Now Open! Philippine ePassport Renewal Center in Edinburgh, Scotland [Image]. Retrieved from https://www.facebook.com/PHLinUK/photos/a.734392906579544/4856927664326027/?type=3&theater
- Embassy of the Philippines – London, United Kingdom. (2021). Request for Quotation and Terms of Reference (Plane Tickets) for the Consular Mission to Dublin on October 7 to 10, 2021.
- Passport. (2021). Retrieved 13 October 2021, from https://londonpe.dfa.gov.ph/consular-matters/passport#epassport