Do you want an easy way to pay PhilHealth contributions? Whether an employer or a voluntary member, this article will teach you how to generate a SPA (Statement of Premium Account) for a seamless online payment transaction.
Disclaimer: This article has been published for educational purposes only. Neither the author nor FilipiKnow is affiliated with PhilHealth, so specific queries about your membership and insurance benefits must be forwarded to the proper authority.
Table of Contents
- What Is SPA in PhilHealth?
- How To Generate SPA if You’re an Employer
- How To Generate SPA for PhilHealth Voluntary Members
What Is SPA in PhilHealth?
The SPA or Statement of Premium Account in PhilHealth is a system-generated billing statement where members can find the reference number and total premium due for the covered period, including any applicable interest and discount.
The SPA can be generated by employers through their accounts using the Electronic Premium Remittance System (EPRS). For voluntary members, it can be done through the PhilHealth Portal
How To Generate SPA if You’re an Employer
The EPRS is an online platform created to replace the manual process of updating the list of companies, sending premium payments, and reporting the contributions made by their employees to PhilHealth. Since April 2015, all employers are required to use EPRS per PhilHealth Circular No. 004-20151.
Follow the steps below to generate SPA as an employer.
- Go to PhilHealth Portal at philhealth.gov.ph
- Click on Online Services
- Select Contribution
- Log in to EPRS by typing in your PEN Number and password. You must be registered with an employer account.
- Go to Remittance Management then click Remittance Status. You will see a list of your employees
- Set your Applicable Period (the month and year are editable)
- Recheck the premiums/shares of employees. Select “Payment Management” and “Payment Posting”
- Click the printer icon and choose Generate SPA/PPPS
- Recheck information and click Submit
- Click the print icon to generate SPA
How To Generate SPA for PhilHealth Voluntary Members
- Log in to the PhilHealth portal with your PhilHealth number. Enter the indicated captcha code as well.
- Click the dropdown arrow beside Payment Management on the left side of the menu
- Click Generate SPA
- Under “Premium Payment Option,” select the number of months that you’ll be paying for. You can pay for 1 to 36 months (3 years).
- Your payment history, including the total amount outstanding, is now displayed. Naturally, this is determined by your reported monthly income. Click the Generate Statement of Premium Account (SPA) button to proceed.
Return to the main article: How To Pay PhilHealth Contribution: An Ultimate Guide
- Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PhilHealth). (n.d.). Electronic Premium Reporting System 2.1 [Brochure]. Pasig City: Author.
6 thoughts on “How To Generate SPA (Statement of Premium Account) in PhilHealth”
naeexpire po ba ang generated spa ?
How to generate spa in members portal if you are seperated to your employer but your account are under your employer?
I am currently register as member of the formal sector and wishes to convert to informal sector under the professional category. How do I do it via online without going to PHILHEALTH Office.
Bakit yung Philhealth portal ko sa payment online walang Generates SPA? Paano yan hindi ako maka bayad thru online.
It only means you haven’t updated your membership record or your declared monthly income yet. Follow these steps to learn how to update your monthly income: https://filipiknow.net/how-to-pay-philhealth-contribution/#how-to-update-monthly-income-in-philhealth-online
Nawala pokasi philhealt id ko