Update: Beginning June 3, 2020, senior citizens and other applicants who are qualified to use the DFA courtesy lanes are now required to secure online appointment just like regular applicants. This is to ensure health protocols and physical distancing are strictly observed in the DFA offices.
The online appointment will limit the number of courtesy lane applicants as well as the time they spent at the consular offices.
In order to secure an appointment with the DFA online, please read the following step-by-step guides:
- For new passport applicants: How to Get Philippine Passport
- For passport renewal applicants: How to Renew Philippine Passport
The following people can go directly to priority/courtesy lanes assigned to them at DFA Consular Offices AFTER securing an online appointment:
- Minors who are 7 (seven) years old and below – must be accompanied by his/her parents, legal guardian, or authorized representative (the adult companion may also be an applicant). READ: How to Get Philippine Passport for Minors
- Pregnant women – must bring medical certificate/record as proof of pregnancy
- Senior Citizen with Senior Citizen ID
- Solo parent with valid Solo Parent ID
- OFWs (land- or sea-based) with valid proof of status like valid OWWA E-card; valid work visa; valid POEA-authenticated employment contract; expired/canceled work visa or employment contract together with a Philippine passport with immigration arrival stamp of not more than 364 days from the application date; or a Seafarer’s Identification and Record Book (SIRB) stamped at an international border not more than 364 days from the application date.
- People with disabilities with valid PWD ID or visible disability.
Here are a few reminders about the passport courtesy lanes:
- Courtesy lanes for OFWs are only available at DFA Aseana and DFA NCR Central. OFWs may also apply in other Consular Offices but they need to secure an online appointment.
- Senior citizens, PWDs, and infants up to 12 months can avail of courtesy lanes at any DFA Consular Office/capturing site except DFA NCR Central.
- Senior citizens and PWDs are allowed to be accompanied by one (1) adult travel companion. The companion can also avail of the courtesy lane provided that he/she is an immediate family member (spouse, adult children/grandchildren, siblings, parents-in-law, or children-in-law) and can show proof of relationship.
- If the companion of the senior citizen or PWD is not an immediate family member, proof of travel arrangements (e.g., confirmed hotel or plane booking) with the senior citizen/PWD must be presented to avail of the courtesy lane.
- Priority/courtesy lanes have limited slots so they accommodate applicants on a first-come, first-served basis. It’s best to come to the DFA office early so you can get a queue number and make it to the cutoff.
- If the passport appointment is during regular hours from Monday to Friday, senior citizens and PWD applicants may choose either regular or expedited processing of their passport application.
- Expedited processing is required for other applicants (including companions) whether during or outside regular hours. Senior citizens and PWD applicants are likewise required to pay for expedited processing if their applications are outside regular hours.