How To Get Senior Citizen ID in the Philippines: A Definitive Guide

In a previous article, we have given you an idea of what benefits and privileges you can avail of as a senior citizen in the Philippines. For hassle-free transactions in establishments required to give you these discounts and benefits, it is important to get your senior citizen ID. Not to worry because getting one at the Office of the Senior Citizen’s Affairs (OSCA) is fast and easy.

Related: How to Avail of PhilHealth Discount and Benefits for Senior Citizen


Who Are Eligible To Get a Senior Citizen ID?

For you to be eligible for the ID card, you must be a senior citizen, which means you must be:

  • Sixty (60) years old or over;
  • A citizen of the Philippines;
  • A resident of the city or municipality where you are applying for at least six (6) must prior to your application.

What Are the Requirements for the Senior Citizen ID Application?

Before going to the Office of the Senior Citizen’s Affairs (OSCA), make sure you have with you the following requirements:

  1. A recent 1×1 ID photograph;
  2. Photocopy of any of the following documents:

Related: The Ultimate List of Philippine Valid IDs


How To Apply for Senior Citizen ID: 5 Steps

senior citizen id 1

1. Visit the Senior Citizen’s Affairs Office (OSCA) in the city or municipality where you reside

The office is usually found in the municipal or city hall of your town/city.

2. Approach personnel or a person in charge and ask for the application form

3. Fill out the details required in the form

Details required are usually:

  • District
  • Barangay
  • Complete name, age, sex, civil status,
  • Complete address
  • Date of birth and place of birth
  • Details of your spouse and children, if any
  • Signature

4. Submit the completed form along with all other required documents

5. Wait for the release of your card

The process depends on the municipality or city but you will usually get it in less than an hour.


Frequently Asked Questions

1. My senior citizen card was issued in the province. Can I use the same card in Metro Manila?

Yes, the senior citizen ID card is valid all throughout the country.

2. I forgot to bring my OSCA-issued senior citizen ID card when I went to a restaurant, can I still avail of the 20% discount even without the ID?

Yes, you still can. With the absence of your senior citizen card, you may present any of the following proof of identification instead:


Government-issued ID indicating your age or date of birth such as driver’s license, voter’s ID, SSS/GSIS ID, PRC Card, Postal ID;

Other valid documents that establish you are a citizen of the Philippines and at least sixty (60) years old.

3. How much is the senior citizen ID card?

It is free. However, some cities and municipalities charge a fee when you get a replacement card.

4. I lost my senior citizen ID card. What shall I do?

You can visit the OSCA in the city or municipality where you reside and obtain a replacement card. Documents required and the process are as follows:

  1. Submit 2 copies of Affidavit of Loss.
  2. Submit 2 copies of Police or Barangay Report.
  3. Pay the ID replacement fee, if required.

5. I know a person who was given a senior citizen card even though the person is not yet a senior citizen. Are there any penalties for a person illegally using the card? What are the penalties?

Go back to the main article: A Complete Guide to Senior Citizen Discount and Benefits

Atty. Kareen Lucero

Kareen Lucero is a lawyer previously doing litigation before working for different agencies in the government and for a multinational corporation. She has traveled to 52+ countries including a 3-month solo backpacking in South East Asia and more than 1 year of solo traveling across four continents in the world. As part of giving back, she is passionate about sharing her knowledge of law and travel. She is currently doing consulting work for a government agency. For inquiries, you may reach her via Facebook Messenger ( or email ([email protected]).

65 thoughts on “How To Get Senior Citizen ID in the Philippines: A Definitive Guide

  1. I filed my senior citizen ID in the city where I previously reside. I had to transfer my residency in my parents house permanently in the town outside the city where I lived. Just this January of 2023 I registered with the NCSC and was already assigned RRN. When I submitted the copy of the Ncsc registration to the local Barangay of the town where I currently reside, I was asked to fill out the biodata form and used my senior citizen ID number on the portion of the biodata form. The local Barangay denied my biodata, returned to me for the reason that I have a different set of number assigned to me reflected in my SC ID. I was asked therefore to apply for a new SC ID with the town’s local OSCA in order to have a consistent SC ID number bearing the town’s series of numbers. My question : Do I need to get a new SC ID considering I have already my SC ID issued by the city?
    I am already registered with the NCSC.

Related Articles: