What happens if my employer refuses to pay the 13th-month pay?

Last Updated on 04/28/2020 by FilipiKnow

You may file a complaint against your employer at the Regional Arbitration Branch of the Department of Labor and Employment having jurisdiction over your workplace, for violation of P.D. 851.

Non-payment of 13th-month pay is treated as money claims cases. Employers found to have violated the law will be meted penalty including damages.

Employers are required to submit Proof of Compliance of P.D 851 at the nearest Regional Office of the DOLE not later than 15 January of every year.

Go back to the main article: How to Compute 13th Month Pay in the Philippines: An Ultimate Guide