Last Updated on
In this concise guide, we’ll summarize all the essential details you need to do Philippine passport renewal in Qatar.
Read the main article here: How to Renew Philippine Passport Abroad: Guide for OFWs and Filipino Immigrants
Table of Contents
- Philippine passport renewal requirements in Qatar.
- Where to renew a Philippine passport in Qatar.
- How to Renew a Philippine Passport in Qatar: 7 Steps.
- Frequently Asked Questions.
- 1. Can I do a walk-in application to renew my Philippine passport?
- 2. I can’t get an appointment for Philippine passport renewal because all slots are full. What should I do?
- 3. I need to renew my passport now, but I can’t secure an appointment. Can I still travel back to the Philippines with an expired passport?
- 4. Can I still renew my expired Philippine passport?
Philippine passport renewal requirements in Qatar.
- Accomplished passport application form.
- Original and photocopy of the passport data page.
Where to renew a Philippine passport in Qatar.
Philippine Embassy in Qatar.
- Address: St. No. 860, Zone 68, Jelaiah Area, Doha.
- Contact information: +974 4493-0426 / 4498-6477 / [email protected]
- Office hours: Sundays to Thursdays, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. (no lunch breaks).
How to Renew a Philippine Passport in Qatar: 7 Steps.
1. Make an online appointment.
Access the Embassy’s online appointment system to choose your preferred date and time from the available slots for your passport renewal.
2. Go to the Philippine Embassy in Doha.
Proceed to the Passport Processing Area and write down your name in the log-in sheet.
3. Submit your documents for verification.
Wait for your name to be called. When it’s your turn, submit the passport renewal requirements. Once they’re verified, the staff will give you a slip for the passport fee payment.
4. Pay the passport renewal fee.
Proceed to the cashier and pay QAR 240 for the passport processing fee.
5. Have your picture and biometrics taken.
Go to the Passport Encoding Area for your photo and biometrics data capturing. Proceed to the Releasing Section where you’ll be informed of the schedule of your passport release.
6. Check the availability of your passport for pickup.
On average, passport renewal applications received in Doha, Qatar takes 30 to 45 days to process.
7. Claim your new Philippine passport.
Once you’ve verified that your new passport is ready for pickup, claim it personally in the Embassy. Bring your official receipt and old passport for cancellation.
If you can’t personally pick up your passport, you can ask someone to do it on your behalf. Write an authorization letter that your representative will present to the Embassy when claiming your passport.
Payment for the courier service is via cash on delivery. The rate depends on your delivery address: QAR 25 within Doha / QAR 60 outside Doha.
Frequently Asked Questions.
2. I can’t get an appointment for Philippine passport renewal because all slots are full. What should I do?
3. I need to renew my passport now, but I can’t secure an appointment. Can I still travel back to the Philippines with an expired passport?
Go back to the main article: How to Renew Philippine Passport Abroad: Guide for OFWs and Filipino Immigrants