In this concise guide, we’ll summarize all the essential details you need to do a Philippine passport renewal in Qatar.
Read the main article here: How to Renew Philippine Passport Abroad: Guide for OFWs and Filipino Immigrants
Table of Contents
- Watch Video: Tips When Renewing Philippine Passport Abroad
- Philippine Passport Renewal Requirements in Qatar
- Where To Renew a Philippine Passport in Qatar
- How To Renew a Philippine Passport in Qatar
- Option 1: Renewing Passport in the Philippine Embassy in Doha
- Option 2: Renewing Philippine Passport via BLS International Philippine ePaRC in Doha
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. Can I do a walk-in application to renew my Philippine passport?
- 2. I can’t get an appointment for Philippine passport renewal because all slots are full. What should I do?
- 3. I need to renew my passport now, but I can’t secure an appointment. Can I still travel back to the Philippines with an expired passport?
- 4. Can I still renew my expired Philippine passport?
Watch Video: Tips When Renewing Philippine Passport Abroad
Philippine Passport Renewal Requirements in Qatar
- Accomplished passport application form.
- Original and photocopy of the passport data page.
Where To Renew a Philippine Passport in Qatar
1. Philippine Embassy in Doha
- Address: Villa No. 7, Al Eithar (Lehsain) Street, No. 860, Zone 68, Jelaiah Area, Doha1.
- Contact Information: +974 4493-0426 / 4498-6477 / [email protected]
- Office Hours: Sundays to Thursdays, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. (no lunch breaks).
2. Passport Renewal Center (PaRC) in Doha
This new passport renewal site was established by the Department of Foreign Affairs with BLS International2.
- Address: 17th Flr, Al Shoumoukh Towers, Building 58, 231 Suhaib Bin Hamad Street, Zone 23, Doha ,Qatar.
- Contact Information: +974 40416555 / [email protected]
- Office Hours: 8 : 00 AM to 6 : 00 PM (Sunday – Saturday)
How To Renew a Philippine Passport in Qatar
Option 1: Renewing Passport in the Philippine Embassy in Doha
1. Make an online appointment
Currently, the Philippine Embassy in Doha is using the DFA’s Global Online Appointment System (GOAS) for its passport appointments. Click here to access the GOAS.
To book an appointment using the GOAS, follow these steps:
- Click on Schedule an Appointment.
- Accept the Terms and Conditions and select whether you want an Individual Appointment or Group Appointment.
- Select Middle East as your region, Qatar as country, and PE Doha as site.
- Select the time and date of your appointment.
- Indicate that your appointment is for Renewal.
- Complete your Contact Details.
- Verify your appointment and contact details before confirming. Wait for an email notification from DFA.
- Print your accomplished appointment form.
2. Go to the Philippine Embassy in Doha
Proceed to the Passport Processing Area and write down your name in the log-in sheet.
3. Submit your documents for verification
Wait for your name to be called. When it’s your turn, submit the passport renewal requirements. Once they’re verified, the staff will give you a slip for the passport fee payment.
4. Pay the passport renewal fee
Proceed to the cashier and pay QAR 240 for the passport processing fee.
5. Have your picture and biometrics taken
Go to the Passport Encoding Area for your photo and biometrics data capturing. Proceed to the Releasing Section where you’ll be informed of the schedule of your passport release.
6. Check the availability of your passport for pickup
On average, passport renewal applications received in Doha, Qatar takes 30 to 45 days to process.
7. Claim your new Philippine passport
Once you’ve verified that your new passport is ready for pickup, claim it personally in the Embassy. Bring your official receipt and old passport for cancellation.
If you can’t personally pick up your passport, you can ask someone to do it on your behalf. Write an authorization letter that your representative will present to the Embassy when claiming your passport.
To avoid crowding and to follow the precautionary measures in the embassy, claiming of the passport will be on a staggered basis starting October 2021.
Applicants with last names beginning in:
- A, B, and C should claim their passports in the embassy every Sunday.
- D, E, F, and G should claim their passports in the embassy every Monday.
- H, I, J, K, L, and M should claim their passports in the embassy every Tuesday.
- N, O, P, Q, R, and S should claim their passports in the embassy every Wednesday.
- T, U, V, W, X, Y, and Z should claim their passports in the embassy every Thursday.
Payment for the courier service is via cash on delivery. The rate depends on your delivery address: QAR 25 within Doha / QAR 60 outside Doha.
Option 2: Renewing Philippine Passport via BLS International Philippine ePaRC in Doha
Note: Passport renewals in the PaRC in Doha do not include changes on the biographical page.
1. Book an appointment
2. Proceed to the renewal center in BLS International Philippine ePassport Renewal Centre in Al Shoumoukh Tower, Doha, Qatar
Bring your current passport, visa, and an accomplished application form.
3. Pay the renewal fees
4. Claim your new passport
The new passport will be ready for pick-up in the PaRC 30 – 45 days from the day of application.
You may also opt to receive your passport at your address through a courier service. Kindly contact the PaRC call center number: +974 40416555 or email them for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
2. I can’t get an appointment for Philippine passport renewal because all slots are full. What should I do?
3. I need to renew my passport now, but I can’t secure an appointment. Can I still travel back to the Philippines with an expired passport?
Go back to the main article: How to Renew Philippine Passport Abroad: Guide for OFWs and Filipino Immigrants
- The Embassy. Retrieved 21 October 2021, from https://dohape.dfa.gov.ph/about-us/the-embassy
- Embassy of the Philippines – Doha, Qatar. (2021). Embassy Advisory No. ALT-35-2021: Opening of BLS International-Philippine Passport Renewal Center (PaRC) on 26 September 2021.
- How To Apply. Retrieved 21 October 2021, from https://qatar.blsphilippinepassport.com/how-to-apply.php
- Adults. Retrieved 21 October 2021, from https://qatar.blsphilippinepassport.com/adults.php