With picturesque natural wonders and overall great quality of life, Canada doesn’t disappoint those who are willing to do the hard work. Not surprisingly, it consistently ranks among the countries with the most number of overseas Filipinos.
But as you thrive in the Great White North, it’s still important to keep your ties with your home country so you can enjoy the benefits of being a Filipino citizen. Learn how to renew your Philippine passport in Canada with this simple, step-by-step guide.
Read the main article here: How to Renew Philippine Passport Abroad: Guide for OFWs and Filipino Immigrants
Table of Contents
- Watch Video: Tips When Renewing Philippine Passport Abroad
- Philippine Passport Renewal Requirements in Canada
- Where To Renew Philippine Passport in Canada
- How To Renew Philippine Passport in Canada: 6 Steps
Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. Where is the consulate in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan?
- 2. I live in Edmonton. Where can I renew my passport?
- 3. Can I renew my Philippine passport even if my work permit is expired?
- 4. Can I do a walk-in application to renew my Philippine passport?
- 5. I can’t get an appointment for Philippine passport renewal because all slots are full. What should I do?
- 6. I need to renew my passport now, but I can’t secure an appointment. Can I still travel back to the Philippines with an expired passport?
- 7. Can I still renew my expired Philippine passport?
Watch Video: Tips When Renewing Philippine Passport Abroad
Philippine Passport Renewal Requirements in Canada
- Accomplished passport application form.
- Original latest passport.
- Photocopy of the passport data page.
- Original and photocopy of any of the following proof of Philippine citizenship: valid permanent resident card, work permit, or Canadian visit visa (not required for dual citizens).
- For applicants in Calgary and Toronto PCG: Self-addressed prepaid Xpresspost return envelope with signature sticker and tracking number.
Related Article: How to Get a Job in Canada: A Filipino’s Ultimate Job-Hunting Guide
Where To Renew Philippine Passport in Canada
1. Philippine Embassy in Ottawa
- Address: 30 Murray St., Ottawa, Ontario K1N 5M4.
- Contact information: 613-233-1121 / [email protected]
- Office hours: Mondays to Fridays, Regular Consular Hours (9 : 00 AM to 5 : 00 PM)1
- Consular jurisdiction: Bermuda, Ottawa, Nunavut, and areas east of Kingston, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Islands, and Quebec.
2. Philippine Consulate in Calgary
- Address: Suite #100, 1001 – 1st St. SE, Calgary, AB, T2G, 5G3
- Contact information: (403) 455-9457 / (403) 455-9346 / [email protected] / [email protected]
- Office hours: Mondays to Fridays. Open also one Saturday per month2, from 10: 00 AM to 4: 00 PM, to extend consular services for Filipinos.
- Passport renewal for senior citizens, PWDs, minors, and pregnant women: 9 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- Passport renewal for regular applicants: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Consular jurisdiction: Alberta and Saskatchewan.
3. Philippine Consulate in Toronto
- Address: 7/F 160 Eglinton Ave. East, Toronto, Ontario M4P 3B5.
- Contact information: (416) 922-7181 / [email protected]
- Office hours: Mondays to Fridays, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Consular jurisdiction: Greater Toronto Area, Western Ontario, and Manitoba
4. Philippine Consulate in Vancouver
- Address: World Trade Center Office Complex, 999 Canada Place, Suite 660, Vancouver, British Columbia V6C 3E1.
- Contact information: (604) 685-7645 / (604) 685-1619 ext 100 (passport appointments); 123 or 124 (passport section); 123 or 126 (passport releasing section) / [email protected]
- Office hours: Mondays to Fridays, 9 AM to 5 PM3
- Consular jurisdiction: British Columbia, Northwest Territories, and Yukon
5. Consular outreach mission
If none of the embassies and consulates are located near you, wait for an announcement regarding a consular outreach program in your area.
Consular outreach announcements are posted on the website of the embassy or consulate that has jurisdiction over your province.
- Consular outreach – Embassy in Ottawa
- Consular outreach – Consulate in Calgary
- Consular outreach – Consulate in Toronto
- Consular outreach – Consulate in Vancouver
Each announcement contains the schedule, exact location, and link to the appointment form for a specific consular outreach.
Due to limited slots, getting an appointment is required for passport renewals in consular missions. Walk-in applicants are not accepted, except for senior citizens, children aged seven and below, pregnant women, and PWDs.
Update: As of October 09, 2021, the consulates and the embassy of the Philippines in Canada have resumed their consular outreach missions. Kindly refer to the following links for upcoming consular outreach programs of the consulates and the embassy in Canada:
- Read this Facebook post for the upcoming consular outreach programs of the Embassy in Ottawa for the rest of 2021.
- Regularly check the Philippine Consulate in Calgary’s official Facebook page for its upcoming outreach missions.
- The Philippine Consulate in Toronto has also resumed its outreach missions. Kindly refer to their website and Facebook page for updates.
- The Philippine Consulate in Vancouver will be having its next consular outreach mission on October 29, 2021 in Victoria, British Columbia. For more information, kindly read this Facebook post.
How To Renew Philippine Passport in Canada: 6 Steps
1. Book your appointment online
The Embassy in Ottawa and Consulates in Calgary, Toronto, and Vancouver all require an appointment for passport renewal.
Click on the appropriate link below to go to the online appointment system and read the detailed instructions on getting a slot.
- Philippine Embassy in Ottawa appointment system
- Philippine Consulates in Calgary and Toronto are now using the DFA’s Global Online Appointment System for passport services appointment.
- Vancouver PCG appointment system
These offices don’t accept any walk-in applicants. Even those who were previously allowed to walk in (senior citizens, PWDs, pregnant women, and children below age 7) should get an appointment online.
However, if you belong to any of these special groups, you’ll still be given priority. In Calgary, priority applicants have a reserved time slot (between 9 a.m. and 10 a.m.) for when they can schedule an appointment exclusively.
After securing an appointment online, check your email for a confirmation message from the Embassy/Consulate with your schedule details and instruction. Print this email—you’ll present the copy as your proof of confirmed appointment on your passport renewal day.
After your passport renewal has been pre-processed, you’ll receive an email confirmation of your appointment along with an entry pass that you’ll show at the Consulate.
2. Go to the Philippine Embassy/Consulate
Arrive at the venue earlier than 10 minutes on your appointment day. Present the printed confirmation appointment at the Embassy/Consulate.
If you’re applying at the Consulate in Toronto or Vancouver, you’ll be asked to fill out a health declaration form at the entrance. You can download, print, and complete the form in advance.
For applicants in Toronto: If you’re a senior citizen, PWD, pregnant woman, or parent with infants, identify yourself as such at the entrance reception desk. You’ll be asked to go straight to the courtesy lane.
3. Submit the requirements
Proceed to the Consular Section and hand over your requirements to the appropriate window.
4. Pay the passport fee
Proceed to the cashier to pay the processing fee of CAD 87.
Only cash, postal/bank money order, or bank-certified checks (payable to the Philippine Embassy or Philippine Consulate General) are accepted.
5. Provide your biometrics
Go to the passport encoding area for your biometrics capture, data encoding, and verification.
6. Receive your new Philippine passport
Wait for your new passport eight to 12 weeks from your application date. The date when your passport will be available is stamped on the official receipt.
For applicants in Ottawa and Vancouver: Claim your new passport personally. Present your old passport and official receipt to the Embassy /Consulate. Before leaving the office, check your passport details and sign on the third page of the booklet.
An immediate family member may pick up your passport if you can’t do it personally. Your authorization letter, old passport, official receipt, and your representative’s valid ID are required for passport release.
Send a self-addressed return envelope with your old passport to the Consulate. You can track your envelope using the online service of your chosen courier.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where is the consulate in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan?
No Philippine Consulate exists in Saskatchewan, according to this official statement.
If you live in Saskatoon and need to renew your passport, apply at the Consulate in Calgary, which has jurisdiction over Saskatchewan.
2. I live in Edmonton. Where can I renew my passport?
The Consulate in Edmonton has been closed since October 2017 and will not be reopened. Filipinos in Edmonton may renew their passport in the Consulate in Calgary.
3. Can I renew my Philippine passport even if my work permit is expired?
Yes. If it’s expired, just show any proof that you’ve applied for renewal of your work permit. You’ll also have to fill out an Affidavit of Filipino Citizenship during passport processing.
5. I can’t get an appointment for Philippine passport renewal because all slots are full. What should I do?
6. I need to renew my passport now, but I can’t secure an appointment. Can I still travel back to the Philippines with an expired passport?
Go back to the main article: How to Renew Philippine Passport Abroad: Guide for OFWs and Filipino Immigrants
- Office Hours. Retrieved 20 October 2021, from https://ottawape.dfa.gov.ph/index.php/2016-04-12-08-35-52/office-hours
- Philippine Consulate General – Calgary. (2020). Advisory – 38 -2020 (Saturday Consular Services for 2021).
- About The Consulate General. Retrieved 20 October 2021, from https://www.vancouverpcg.org/about/