Last Updated on
With picturesque natural wonders and overall great quality of life, Canada doesn’t disappoint those who are willing to do the hard work. Not surprisingly, it consistently ranks among the countries with the most number of overseas Filipinos.
But as you thrive in the Great White North, it’s still important to keep your ties with your home country so you can enjoy the benefits of being a Filipino citizen. Learn how to renew Philippine passport in Canada with this simple, step-by-step guide.
Read the main article here: How to Renew Philippine Passport Abroad: Guide for OFWs and Filipino Immigrants
Table of Contents
- Philippine passport renewal requirements in Canada.
- Where to renew Philippine passport in Canada.
- How to Renew Philippine Passport in Canada: 6 Steps.
- Frequently Asked Questions.
Philippine passport renewal requirements in Canada.
- Accomplished passport application form.
- Original latest passport.
- Photocopy of the passport data page.
- Original and photocopy of any of the following proof of Philippine citizenship: valid permanent resident card, work permit, or Canadian visit visa (not required for dual citizens).
- For applicants living outside Ottawa: Self-addressed prepaid Xpresspost return envelope with signature sticker and tracking number.
Related Article: How to Get a Job in Canada: A Filipino’s Ultimate Job-Hunting Guide
Where to renew Philippine passport in Canada.
1. Philippine Embassy in Ottawa.
- Address: 30 Murray St., Ottawa, Ontario K1N 5M4.
- Contact information: 613-233-1121 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office hours: Mondays to Fridays, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and select Saturday of the month, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m
- Consular jurisdiction: Bermuda, Ottawa, Nunavut, and areas east of Kingston, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Islands, and Quebec.
2. Philippine Consulate in Calgary.
- Address: 9/F Suite 920 Centre 10 Bldg., 517 10th Ave., South West Calgary, Alberta T2R 0S8.
- Contact information: (403) 455-9457 / (403) 455-9346 / email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office hours: Mondays to Fridays.
- Processing: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Releasing: 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Consular jurisdiction: Alberta and Saskatchewan.
3. Philippine Consulate in Toronto.
- Address: 7/F 160 Eglinton Ave. East, Toronto, Ontario M4P 3B5.
- Contact information: (416) 922-7181 / email@example.com
- Office hours: Mondays to Fridays, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. and every first Saturday of the month, 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Consular jurisdiction: Greater Toronto Area, Western Ontario, and Manitoba
4. Philippine Consulate in Vancouver.
- Address: World Trade Center Office Complex, 999 Canada Place, Suite 660, Vancouver, British Columbia V6C 3E1.
- Contact information: (604) 685-7645 / (604) 685-1619 ext 100 (passport appointments); 123 or 124 (passport section); 123 or 126 (passport releasing section) / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office hours: Mondays to Fridays, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and every last Friday of the month, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Consular jurisdiction: British Columbia, Northwest Territories, and Yukon
5. Consular outreach mission.
If none of the embassy and consulates are located near you, wait for an announcement regarding a consular outreach program in your area.
Consular outreach announcements are posted on the website of the embassy or consulate that has jurisdiction over your province.
- Consular outreach – Embassy in Ottawa
- Consular outreach – Consulate in Calgary
- Consular outreach – Consulate in Toronto
- Consular outreach – Consulate in Vancouver
Each announcement contains the schedule, exact location, and link to the appointment form for a specific consular outreach.
Due to limited slots, getting an appointment is required for passport renewals in consular missions. Walk-in applicants are not accepted, except for senior citizens, children aged seven and below, pregnant women, and PWDs.
How to Renew Philippine Passport in Canada: 6 Steps.
1. Book your appointment online (if applicable).
Note: This step applies only to passport renewals in the Philippine Consulates in Calgary and Vancouver. Skip this step if you’ll renew in the Philippine Embassy in Ottawa and Consulate in Toronto.
The Consulates in Calgary and Vancouver require an appointment for passport renewal. Click on the appropriate link below to go to the online appointment system and read the detailed instructions on getting a slot.
- Passport application appointment system – Consulate in Calgary
- Passport application appointment system – Consulate in Vancouver
2. Go to the Philippine Embassy/Consulate.
Applicants who live within the consular jurisdiction of the Embassy in Ottawa and Consulate in Toronto may apply without an appointment.
Those with an appointment in Calgary or Vancouver should bring the printed confirmation appointment on their scheduled date and time.
3. Submit the requirements.
Proceed to the Consular Section and hand over your requirements to the appropriate window.
4. Pay the passport fee.
Proceed to the cashier to pay the processing fee of CAD 81.
Only cash, postal/bank money order, or bank-certified checks (payable to the Philippine Embassy or Philippine Consulate General) are accepted.
5. Provide your biometrics.
Go to the passport encoding area for your biometrics capture, data encoding, and verification.
6. Receive your new Philippine passport.
Wait for your new passport eight to 12 weeks from your application date. The date when your passport will be available is stamped on the official receipt.
If you’ll receive your passport via mail, you can track your envelope using the online service of your chosen courier.
If you’ll claim it personally, present your old passport and official receipt to the Embassy or Consulate.
An immediate family member may pick up your passport if you can’t do it personally. Your authorization letter, old passport, official receipt, and your representative’s valid ID are required for passport release.
Frequently Asked Questions.
1. Where is the consulate in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan?
No Philippine Consulate exists in Saskatchewan, according to this official statement.
If you live in Saskatoon and need to renew your passport, apply at the Consulate in Calgary, which has jurisdiction over Saskatchewan.
2. I live in Edmonton. Where can I renew my passport?
The Consulate in Edmonton has been closed since October 2017 and will not be reopened. Filipinos in Edmonton may renew their passport in the Consulate in Calgary.
3. Can I renew my Philippine passport even if my work permit is expired?
Yes. If it’s expired, just show any proof that you’ve applied for renewal of your work permit. You’ll also have to fill out an Affidavit of Filipino Citizenship during passport processing.
Go back to the main article: How to Renew Philippine Passport Abroad: Guide for OFWs and Filipino Immigrants