Last Updated on 09/26/2020 by FilipiKnow
Whether you’re an OFW or an immigrant, this guide about Philippine passport renewal in Hong Kong will ensure you’ll continue living in this country with a valid proof of your citizenship.
Read the main article here: How to Renew Philippine Passport Abroad: Guide for OFWs and Filipino Immigrants
Table of Contents
- Philippine passport renewal requirements in Hong Kong.
- Where to renew a Philippine passport in Hong Kong.
- How to Renew a Philippine Passport in Hong Kong: 3 Steps.
- Frequently Asked Questions.
- 1. Can I do a walk-in application to renew my Philippine passport?
- 2. I can’t get an appointment for Philippine passport renewal because all slots are full. What should I do?
- 3. I need to renew my passport now, but I can’t secure an appointment. Can I still travel back to the Philippines with an expired passport?
- 4. Can I still renew my expired Philippine passport?
Philippine passport renewal requirements in Hong Kong.
- Accomplished ePassport application form.
- Original current passport.
Photocopy of the passport data page
Original and photocopy of the Hong Kong Permanent Identity Card.
Printed ePassport appointment slip
Where to renew a Philippine passport in Hong Kong.
Philippine Consulate in Hong Kong.
- Address: 14/F United Centre, 95 Queensway, Admiralty, Hong Kong (nearest MTR station: Admiralty Exit C).
- Contact information: 2823-8535 / 2823-8514 / [email protected] / [email protected]
- Office hours: Sundays to Thursdays, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
How to Renew a Philippine Passport in Hong Kong: 3 Steps.
The Consulate encourages Filipino residents in Hong Kong to renew their passport at least eight months before travel date or at least five months before their Hong Kong work visa expires.
1. Get an online appointment.
All applicants are required to schedule an appointment through the Online Passport Appointment System. Check your email for the confirmation notice from the Consulate and then print it out.
Exempted from this rule are people who are allowed to walk-in and use the courtesy lane:
- Senior citizens with proof of age and one companion
- PWDs with proof of disability and one companion
- Pregnant women (with medical certificate if pregnancy is not visible)
- Children 7 years old and below with their parents and minor siblings
- Single parents with valid solo parent ID and their minor children
- OFWs with valid proof of status (e.g., work visa, employment contract, etc.)
2. Proceed to the Philippine Consulate in Hong Kong on your appointment schedule.
Bring the printed copy of your appointment slip and other requirements to the Consulate. Your documents will be checked and evaluated, and your photo and biometrics data will be captured.
Prepare HKD 480 for the passport renewal fee payment.
3. Claim your new Philippine passport.
Expect your new passport to be released at least six weeks after your passport renewal application.
When it’s ready for pickup, go to the Consulate and bring your old passport for cancellation.
Alternatively, an immediate family member can pick up your passport by presenting your authorization letter.
Frequently Asked Questions.
2. I can’t get an appointment for Philippine passport renewal because all slots are full. What should I do?
3. I need to renew my passport now, but I can’t secure an appointment. Can I still travel back to the Philippines with an expired passport?
Go back to the main article: How to Renew Philippine Passport Abroad: Guide for OFWs and Filipino Immigrants