How To Renew Philippine Passport in Hong Kong: An Ultimate Guide
Whether you’re an OFW or an immigrant, this guide about Philippine passport renewal in Hong Kong will ensure you’ll continue living in this country with valid proof of your citizenship.
Read the main article here: How to Renew Philippine Passport Abroad: Guide for OFWs and Filipino Immigrants
Table of Contents
- Watch Video: Tips When Renewing Philippine Passport Abroad
- Philippine passport renewal requirements in Hong Kong
- Where To Renew a Philippine Passport in Hong Kong
- Philippine Passport Renewal in Hong Kong: 2 Ways
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. Can I do a walk-in application to renew my Philippine passport?
- 2. I can’t get an appointment for Philippine passport renewal because all slots are full. What should I do?
- 3. I need to renew my passport now, but I can’t secure an appointment. Can I still travel back to the Philippines with an expired passport?
- 4. Can I still renew my expired Philippine passport?
Watch Video: Tips When Renewing Philippine Passport Abroad
Philippine passport renewal requirements in Hong Kong
- Accomplished ePassport application form
- Original current passport
Photocopy of the passport data page
Original and photocopy of the Hong Kong Permanent Identity Card
Printed ePassport appointment slip
- Brown envelope (size: 7 x 10 inch) with HK$ 32.00 stamps
- Photocopy of latest visa
Where To Renew a Philippine Passport in Hong Kong
Philippine Consulate in Hong Kong.
- Address: 14/F United Centre, 95 Queensway, Admiralty, Hong Kong (nearest MTR station: Admiralty Exit C).
- Contact information: 2823-8535 / 2823-8514 / [email protected] / [email protected]
- Office hours: Sundays to Thursdays, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Philippine Passport Renewal in Hong Kong: 2 Ways
The Consulate encourages Filipino residents in Hong Kong to renew their passports at least eight months before their travel date or at least five months before their Hong Kong work visa expires.
As of 2021, there are two ways2 you can renew your Philippine passport while in Hong Kong:
Option 1: Drop Box
You may renew your Philippine Passport in Hong Kong via dropbox at Metro Remittance Shop 2042 – A 2nd floor, United Centre, Admiralty.
Bring the following when you renew your Philippine Passport via dropbox:
- Original Current Passport
- Application Form
- Photocopy of Passport and visa OR HK ID for permanent residents
- Brown envelope with $HK 32.00 stamp
After submitting the requirements via dropbox. Your new passport will be mailed directly to your address via Hong Kong Post.
Option 2: Online
1. Get an online appointment
All applicants are required to schedule an appointment through the Online Passport Appointment System. Check your email for the confirmation notice from the Consulate and then print it out.
Exempted from this rule are people who are allowed to walk in and use the courtesy lane:
- Senior citizens with proof of age and one companion
- PWDs with proof of disability and one companion
- Pregnant women (with medical certificate if pregnancy is not visible)
- Children 7 years old and below with their parents and minor siblings
- Single parents with valid solo parent ID and their minor children
- OFWs with valid proof of status (e.g., work visa, employment contract, etc.)
2. Proceed to the Philippine Consulate in Hong Kong on your appointment schedule
Bring the printed copy of your appointment slip and other requirements to the Consulate. Your documents will be checked and evaluated, and your photo and biometrics data will be captured.
Prepare HKD 480 for the passport renewal fee payment.
3. Wait for your new Philippine passport to be mailed to your address
Your new Philippine passport will be mailed directly to your address via Hong Kong Post. Make sure that you have provided your complete address in the tracking slip. In case of any changes in your address, inform the Consulate immediately.
You may track the status of your mailed passport by going to the Hong Kong Post website and entering your tracking number.
Frequently Asked Questions
2. I can’t get an appointment for Philippine passport renewal because all slots are full. What should I do?
3. I need to renew my passport now, but I can’t secure an appointment. Can I still travel back to the Philippines with an expired passport?
Go back to the main article: How to Renew Philippine Passport Abroad: Guide for OFWs and Filipino Immigrants
- Philippine Passport. Retrieved 23 October 2021, from https://hongkongpcg.dfa.gov.ph/2014-02-27-11-28-41/2014-02-27-11-28-53
- Philippine Consulate General in Hong Kong, China. (2021). 3 Easy Steps to Renew Your Passport [Image]. Retrieved from https://hongkongpcg.dfa.gov.ph/
Venus Zoleta is an experienced writer and editor for over 10 years, covering topics on personal finance, travel, government services, and digital marketing. Her background is in journalism and corporate communications. In her early 20s, she started investing and purchased a home. Now, she advocates financial literacy for Filipinos and shares her knowledge online. When she's not working, Venus bonds with her pet cats and binges on Korean dramas and Pinoy rom-coms.
All materials contained on this site are protected by the Republic of the Philippines copyright law and may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, displayed, published, or broadcast without the prior written permission of filipiknow.net or in the case of third party materials, the owner of that content. You may not alter or remove any trademark, copyright, or other notice from copies of the content. Be warned that we have already reported and helped terminate several websites and YouTube channels for blatantly stealing our content. If you wish to use filipiknow.net content for commercial purposes, such as for content syndication, etc., please contact us at [email protected].