Yes, flying a drone is allowed in the country, according to the Civil Aviation Authority of the Philippines (CAAP). But certain rules have to be followed before and while operating your unit.
Here are the most important drone regulations to keep in mind:
- Secure a permit from the local government office to fly a drone.
- Fly only in the daytime and good weather.
- Get a Certificate of Authorization from the CAAP if you’ll fly a drone that weighs at least 7 kg. or 15 lbs. or for commercial purposes.
- Don’t fly within 10-km. radius from an airport.
- Avoid flying in crowded areas like markets and schools.
- Fly only up to 400 ft. above ground level.
Go back to the main article: How to Travel to the Philippines: 50 Amazing Tourist Spots to Visit