The Philippines is one of the cheapest countries to visit, luring budget travelers across the world. But, of course, you can further save on your travel costs.
Here are some quick tips for cheaper travel to the Philippines:
- Book flights, accommodations, and tour packages early.
- Fly with budget airlines (the most popular are Cebu Pacific and AirAsia) that offer discounted airfare and wait for their seat sales when prices drop significantly.
- Travel during weekdays and off-peak season when hotels and tour operators offer big discounts and other great deals.
- Travel to cheaper destinations like Guimaras, Masbate, Bontoc, and other underrated tourist spots in the Philippines.
- If you can, go for DIY travel and plan your trip ahead.
- Visit free and cheap attractions like parks and museums.
- Eat at small eateries (locally called carinderia), fast-food restaurants (Jollibee and McDonalds are the most popular), and food courts in malls.
Go back to the main article: How to Travel to the Philippines: 50 Amazing Tourist Spots to Visit