What will happen to my previous Pag-IBIG contributions if I become an OFW?

Last Updated on

Your past contributions will remain under your name even if you work abroad. You won’t lose your savings. 

The Pag-IBIG Fund will merge your contributions from your former local employment with those from your present overseas employment. Just request for consolidation of your membership records (Refer to Tip #3).

Also, don’t forget to update your membership category to OFW. Before you leave the country, go to a Pag-IBIG branch and submit an accomplished Member’s Change of Information Form.

Go back to the main article: How to Compute Your Pag-IBIG Contribution: A Complete Guide to Contribution Table and Payment