Can expats pay Pag-IBIG contribution?

Last Updated on

Yes, foreigners living and working in the Philippines can pay the regular Pag-IBIG savings and/or MP2 savings as a voluntary member.

In the past, expats were required to contribute to Pag-IBIG. Their employers would deduct contributions from their salary and remit to the HDMF. 

But because most expats stay just briefly and temporarily in the Philippines, the Pag-IBIG Fund issued last January 2019 a circular that repeals mandatory membership for expatriates.

Go back to the main article: How to Compute Your Pag-IBIG Contribution: A Complete Guide to Contribution Table and Payment