Last Updated on
PRC online application has made applying for the board examination tremendously better.
In the old, sluggish system, applicants wasted a lot of time just to get, accomplish, and submit their application forms at the PRC office.
By contrast, PRC’s newly developed LERIS (Licensure Examination and Registration Information System) has enabled examinees to accomplish their application forms and secure an appointment with the PRC online.
Now fully implemented in the PRC central and regional offices, LERIS has dramatically cut processing time so you can complete the entire application process relatively faster.
In this definitive guide, I’ll walk you through all the steps required for PRC online application–from the initial online transaction to the final procedures at the PRC office.
Already passed the exam? Read this instead: How to Register and Get PRC ID After Passing the Licensure Exam
Table of Contents
- 1. Prepare all the requirements.
- 2. Register with the PRC online portal (LERIS).
- 3. Sign in to your account and complete your online profile.
- 4. Upload your photo.
- 5. Select the licensure examination you’re applying for.
- 6. Schedule an appointment with the PRC.
- 7. Choose your preferred payment method.
- 8. Print your application form.
- 9. Proceed to the PRC on the date and time of your appointment.
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
- 1. Who can apply for the licensure examination?
- 2. Are foreigners allowed to take professional licensure examinations in the Philippines?
- 3. I’m currently abroad. Can I apply for the licensure examination through a representative?
- 4. How much is the examination fee?
- 5. What are the requirements for those re-taking the licensure examination?
- 6. The LERIS website is down and inaccessible. Can I do a walk-in application instead?
- About the Author.
1. Prepare all the requirements.
When applying for the licensure examination, you need two sets of requirements. Let’s go over each of these in detail.
A. Application form requirements.
The first one is intended for the application form.
All applicants, regardless of the course, are required to accomplish the application form and secure an appointment with the PRC online.
I’ll discuss in the succeeding steps how to complete the application form via LERIS. For now, here are the requirements you need for the online application:
a. An Internet connection and a web browser (preferably Mozilla Firefox).
b. A valid e-mail address (with password).
c. Mobile number.
d. Your personal data (including date of graduation).
f. 2 x 2 ID picture in .jpg format saved on your device (desktop computer, laptop, phone, or tablet). If you’ll have your photo taken at a studio, request an e-file or soft copy to get your ID picture in .jpg format. For photo specifications, please jump to step 4 of this guide.
B. Course-specific requirements.
Meanwhile, the second set of requirements includes course-specific documents. These may include Transcript of Records, Birth Certificate, Marriage Contract, NBI clearance, etc.
You will need to bring these requirements along with the duly accomplished application form (more on this later) on the day of your appointment at the PRC.
2. Register with the PRC online portal (LERIS).
In order to complete the exam application online, you first need to create an account with LERIS.
If you don’t have an account yet, go to the PRC Online Services (LERIS) website and register.
After reading the terms of services, click the green “I Agree” button.
Then, complete the registration process by filling out the form with the requested information.
Here’s the list of personal information you need to provide.
- First, middle, and last name.
- Name suffix like Jr. or III (leave blank if you have none).
- Civil status (Single/Married/Divorced).
- Your e-mail address and a password (must be at least 6 characters composed of numbers, letters, and special characters).
When you’re done, click “Register.”
3. Sign in to your account and complete your online profile.
Log in using the same username (i.e., your e-mail address) and password you created during registration.
Complete your profile by filling in the requested information in the blank spaces provided.
To accomplish this form, you will need to provide the following personal information:
- Permanent mailing address (No./Street, Barangay, Town or City, Province).
- Mobile Number (required).
- Telephone/Landline number (optional).
- Alternate e-mail address (if you have any).
- Your father’s name and citizenship.
- Your mother’s name and citizenship.
- The name of your school, its address, the course you took in that school, and the date of your graduation.
- Valid ID number as well as place and date it was issued.
Below the “Valid ID” section, there’s a box that says “Check if this is for PRC ID Renewal.” Since you’re applying for the licensure examination, leave this box unchecked.
Double-check the information you’ve provided and correct any spelling or syntax errors.
Once you’re done, click “Save Information” to proceed to the next step.
A small box will then appear asking you to verify if the name you’ve provided is complete and accurate.
Click “YES” to confirm.
4. Upload your photo.
You will be taken to a page containing a small grey box with a camera icon on its bottom left corner.
Click this camera icon to show the photo requirements you need to adhere to.
To prevent any delay or disapproval, make sure that the 2 x 2 ID picture you’ll be uploading follows the guidelines below:
- 2 x 2 size in a plain white background.
- Must be recent and should resemble the applicant.
- Taken not more than 6 months prior to uploading.
- The applicant must wear decent attire with a collar.
- Must show the applicant’s ears.
- With no shadows.
- The applicant must not wear eyeglasses.
If you’re ready to upload the picture, click “Proceed.”
Click “Choose file” and select the image stored in your device.
Finally, click the “Upload Image” button to proceed to the next step.
5. Select the licensure examination you’re applying for.
Click “Select Transaction” on the upper right corner of your profile page.
Choose the first tab (i.e., “Examination”).
Next, select the name of your examination, examination type (Complete/First-timer, Repeater, or Removal/Conditioned), date of examination, and place of examination.
For example, if you’re an elementary education graduate who is applying for LET (licensure examination for teachers) for the first time, you need to input the following information:
- Name of the Examination: PROFESSIONAL TEACHER.
- Examination Type: Complete/First timer.
- LET Level: Elementary.
Once you’re done, hit “Proceed” to confirm the selection.
6. Schedule an appointment with the PRC.
Choose your preferred PRC Regional Office where you’ll file your application.
Here’s a list of PRC Regional Offices you can choose from.
To accommodate more applicants, PRC has also opened different service centers in select malls and establishments.
After choosing a PRC Regional Office from the drop-down list provided, the system will automatically provide you with an appointment date and time. This is when you’ll personally submit the application form along with other requirements (see step 1) to the PRC.
Take note that PRC has a “no same-day appointment” policy which means you can’t have an appointment with the PRC on the same day of your online transaction. All appointments are scheduled in advance.
Also, remember that appointment slots are free and very easy to get as long as you have an Internet connection.
PRC warns applicants against fixers who may ask for your personal information, e-mail address, and password and promise quick transactions with the PRC in exchange for a fee.
If you’re sure about your appointment, click “Proceed.”
7. Choose your preferred payment method.
Although the modes of payment will be expanded in the future, LERIS only offers three payment options as of this writing.
To pay the application fee, you can choose from these three options:
- PRC – CASHIER (over the counter).
- LANDBANK (online payment).
- UCPB (over the counter).
Option 1: PRC – CASHIER (over the counter).
Select PRC – CASHIER if you prefer to make the payment personally at the PRC office or service center on the day of your appointment. As of this writing, the application for licensure examination costs Php 900.
A summary of your transaction will be displayed.
Click “Submit” to proceed to the next step.
Option 2: LANDBANK (online payment).
Meanwhile, if you prefer to pay via LANDBANK, you will be redirected to the LBP ePayment Portal.
To make online payment through this portal, you can choose from three different payment options:
- LANDBANK (if you have an ATM account with Land Bank).
- BancNet (for banks other than Land Bank. For your convenience, here’s a list of BancNet participating banks).
- GCash (an online payment service that turns your Globe mobile number into a virtual wallet).
For Land Bank ATM Card.
Enter the following details to complete the transaction:
- 10-digit Land Bank ATM account number.
- Joint Account Indicator (JAI), if applicable.
- Personal Identification Number (PIN).
Click “Submit” to confirm payment.
A summary of the transaction will then be displayed. You can click “Print” to get a copy of this payment confirmation (recommended) or “Ok” to proceed to the next step.
For Land Bank-related payment concerns, you can call 405-7000 or email at [email protected]
For BancNet ATM Card.
Upon choosing “BancNet” as a payment option, you will be redirected to a BancNet window or page.
In case it doesn’t appear, ensure that the popup blocker in your browser is disabled or turned off before trying another transaction.
BancNet will request for the following information:
- Bank Name.
- Your 16-digit ATM Card Number.
- Account type.
- Personal Identification Number (PIN).
Click “Pay” to submit payment.
You will then be given a copy of the payment confirmation. Click either “Print” to save a copy of it or “Continue” to return to the payment portal.
If you choose to pay via G-Cash, you will be asked to enter your 11-digit mobile number.
For successful payment, make sure your G-Cash account is loaded with the required amount (Php 900 + Php 20 transaction fee).
To authorize the payment, reply with your 4-digit mobile PIN to the SMS confirmation that will be sent to you.
Option 3: UCPB (over the counter).
In December 2018, UCPB or United Coconut Planter’s Bank started accepting payments for different transactions with PRC like exam application, PRC ID renewal, and initial registration.
The payment can be made over the counter at any UCPB branch.
Since you don’t necessarily need to have an account with UCPB to make the transaction, this payment option is ideal for those who can’t use Option 2 to pay the fee online.
Should you choose UCPB, a reference number will be displayed on your screen. Record or take a screenshot of this reference number and provide it when making the payment personally at any UCPB branch.
Update: Aside from the payment options discussed above, PRC now offers two more payment channels, namely:
- Credit or Debit Card – Powered by PayMaya – VISA, this convenient payment option automatically deducts from your account the total amount of the PRC renewal fee plus 1.25% convenience fee.
- PayMaya – If you have a PayMaya wallet, you can choose it to quickly pay the PRC renewal fee plus a small convenience fee of Php 8.00
8. Print your application form.
Go back to your profile page and choose “Existing Transaction” from the main menu.
Click the “Payment Details” to double-check if your online payment has pushed through.
Select “Print Document” to view the printable copy of your duly accomplished PRC examination application form.
Click the printer icon on the upper right-hand corner of the document to start printing.
On the day of your appointment, bring the printed application form to the PRC along with other documentary requirements (see step 1) and the application fee in case you’ve selected the PRC – CASHIER payment option (see step 7).
In case you encounter technical problems while completing the online application, you can email PRC’s technical team at [email protected]
9. Proceed to the PRC on the date and time of your appointment.
Although the procedures may vary depending on your chosen PRC office, expect to complete the following activities on the day of your appointment:
a. Upon arrival, go to the PRC Customer Service center and pay for the documentary stamp (Php 21 per piece).
b. Next, proceed to the Processing Counter to submit all the requirements which include your printed application form and other course-specific documents.
The Processing Officer will ask for your signature, thumb mark, and the documentary stamp. After checking and evaluating the requirements you’ve submitted, you will then be issued the Permanent Examination & Registration Record Card (PERRC) which you should accomplish immediately.
c. Go back to the PRC Customer Service center to buy a metered mailing envelope (Php 30 per piece).
d. Submit the metered mailing envelope with the processed application form and the rest of the requirements at the Issuance Counter. Wait for your name to be called.
After evaluating all the documents you’ve submitted, the issuing officer will print, sign, and issue you the Notice of Admission (NOA) with the attached Program of Examination and metered mailing envelope.
And there you have it: Your PRC online application is now complete. To know your room assignment, don’t forget to check the PRC website 2 to 3 days before your scheduled examination.
Already passed the exam? Read this instead: PRC Online Registration for Board Passers
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
About the Author.
Luisito E. Batongbakal Jr. is the founder and chief content strategist of FilipiKnow, a leading online portal for free educational, Filipino-centric content. His curiosity and passion for learning have helped millions of Filipinos around the world get access to free insightful and practical information at the touch of their fingertips. With him at the helm, FilipiKnow has won numerous awards including the Top 10 Emerging Influential Blogs 2013, the 2015 Globe Tatt Awards, and the 2015 Philippine Bloggys Awards (nomination). Connect with him on Linkedin.