My employer is not paying my SSS contributions. What should I do?

Employees whose employers fail to remit their contributions on time are still entitled to SSS benefits. However, they won’t get approved for an SSS salary loan.

If you found out that your employer is not paying your contributions, ask your HR or employer about it. There might be a delay in either remitting or posting the contributions.

If your employer deliberately avoids paying your contributions for a long time, it’s a violation of the Social Security Law. Delinquent employers are fined from Php 5,000 to Php 20,000 or imprisoned for more than six years to 12 years.

Additionally, they’re required to remit all unpaid contributions plus a 3% penalty for each unpaid month.

File a non-remittance complaint at the SSS branch nearest to your employer’s office or business location. Here’s how:

  1. Approach the Public Assistance Desk at the Member Services Section.
  2. Present your UMID card/SSS ID or two valid IDs. Also, submit a notarized affidavit or Sinumpaang Salaysay (The notary public should have a template for this) and proof of employment with the delinquent company (payslips, company ID, certificate of employment, etc.).
  3. Undergo an interview and provide the required information about the issue.
  4. You’ll be given a form letter with information on the actions that the SSS branch will take on your complaint.

Go back to the main article: How to Compute Your SSS Contribution: An Ultimate Guide