Home  »  Government ServicesJuander HowSSS   »   How To Apply for SSS Unemployment Benefit: An Ultimate Guide

How To Apply for SSS Unemployment Benefit: An Ultimate Guide

How To Apply for SSS Unemployment Benefit: An Ultimate Guide

Nothing is as terrifying as losing your job without any warning, more so if you’re the family’s breadwinner.

Sadly, this is the reality for most Filipinos who rely on employment as their only source of income.

But thanks to the SSS unemployment benefit, one of the key provisions of the Republic Act 11199 (also known as the Social Security Act of 2018), Filipino employees who just got laid off can have a temporary source of income to keep things afloat while they’re looking for a new job.

In this guide, you’ll learn how to apply or file an SSS unemployment benefits claim so you won’t lose your mind after losing your job. After all, unemployment is not the end of the world!

Go back to the main article: SSS Contribution Table (with Detailed Computations and Explanations)

Table of Contents


What Is the SSS Unemployment Benefit?

For starters, here are the basic things you should know about the SSS unemployment benefit:

  • Also known as unemployment insurance or involuntary separation benefit, the SSS unemployment benefit is a form of cash benefit given to support Filipino employees, including the kasambahays and Overseas Filipino Workers (both sea-based and land-based), who have been unexpectedly displaced from their jobs.
  • It’s a benefit, NOT a loan that SSS members have to repay. In fact, it’s the 7th and newest benefit being offered by the Social Security System (SSS) which provides social security protection for all Filipino workers. The other SSS benefits you can also avail of are maternity, sickness, disability, retirement, funeral, and death.
  • It’s one of the landmark provisions of the Republic Act No. 11199 or the Social Security Act of 2018. This unemployment benefits program is now being carried out through Rule 27 of the Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) of RA 11199. In fact, at the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, SSS announced that it’s willing to approve up to Php 1.2 billion of unemployment benefits for as many as 60,000 premium-paying members1 who might lose or already lost their jobs because of the pandemic. As it turned out, SSS has been able to surpass this figure. As of September 2021, the total number of recipients is now at 196,000 members, the majority of which have received PHP 2.35 billion2 worth of SSS unemployment benefits since the start of the pandemic in March 2020.
  • SSS is capable of financing unemployment benefits, thanks to the increased SSS contribution. The Social Security Act of 2018 (RA 11199), the same law that has finally made unemployment benefits a reality, is also the law that led to SSS contribution hike (11% to 12% in 2019; 13% in 2021; 14% in 2023; and 15% in 2025), two-thirds and one-third of which will be shouldered by the employer and the employee, respectively.

Related: How to Apply for Pag-IBIG Calamity Loan


When Did the SSS Unemployment Benefit Become Effective?

According to the SSS Circular No. 2019-0113, the guidelines for the unemployment benefits shall be applied to involuntary separations that occur on or after March 5, 2019.

In other words, Filipino employees who have lost their jobs from March 5, 2019, onwards are covered by the SSS unemployment insurance, provided that they meet the qualification requirements that will be discussed later on.


When Should You File a Claim for SSS Unemployment Benefit?

The SSS unemployment benefits claim must be filed within one (1) year from the date of involuntary separation. However, if the deadline falls on March 5, 2020, up until the last day of the government-declared Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) or General Community Quarantine (GCQ), the member can still file the claim within 60 days from the last day of such declaration4.


How Much Unemployment Benefits/Insurance Will Be Given to Qualified SSS Members?

The simplest answer is you can get an unemployment benefit equivalent to 50% of your monthly salary for a maximum of two months. So if you earn PHP 10,000 a month, for example, the amount of insurance you can claim is basically the same amount (PHP 10,000 x 0.5 (50%) = PHP 5,000; PHP 5,000 x 2 = PHP 10,000).

Alternatively, you can use the following formula:

Unemployment Benefit = Average Monthly Salary Credit (AMSC) x 50% x 2 months

As you may recall, SSS uses the monthly salary credit (MSC) to determine the amount of contribution that will be deducted from the employee’s salary.

Basically, the MSC is the median of the range of compensation, with the minimum and maximum MSC currently set at 3,000 and 25,000, respectively (as of 2021).

Let’s say you have a monthly salary of PHP 10,000. As you can see in this SSS contribution table, that salary falls in the 9,750 – 10,249.99 range so your monthly salary credit (MSC) is PHP 10,000.

Take note that monthly salary credit (MSC) is different from the average monthly salary credit (AMSC). 

According to the guideline written in the Social Security Act of 20185, your average monthly salary credit (AMSC) shall be the higher of the following:

  • The result obtained by dividing the sum of the last sixty (60) monthly salary credits immediately preceding the semester of contingency by sixty (60); or
  • The result obtained by dividing the sum of all the monthly salary credits paid prior to the semester of contingency by the number of monthly contributions paid in the same period.

Related: How to View and Check Your SSS Contribution: 5 Easy Ways

Assuming that your salary never changed, then your AMSC remains PHP 10,000.

Now, to learn how much unemployment benefit you’ll receive, simply get 1/2 or 50% of your AMSC which in this case is PHP 5,000. That’s what you’ll receive for 1 month.

But since unemployed members are covered for a maximum of 2 months, multiply PHP 5,000 by 2 and you’ll get a total of PHP 10,000 worth of unemployment benefits.

To summarize:

PHP 10,000 x 50% (0.5) x 2 months = PHP 10,000

Update: In early 2021, Surigao del Sur Rep. Johnny Ty Pimentel filed House Bill (HB) 85946 which seeks to triple the insurance benefits that members can get once they become unemployed. Under this bill, the unemployment benefit is equivalent to 50% of the member’s monthly salary for a maximum of six months (instead of only 2 months under the current system). So, if you’re earning PHP 10,000 a month, you can get a total of PHP 30,000 in unemployment benefits once the bill is passed.


Who Are Qualified To Get SSS Unemployment Benefits?

sss unemployment benefit 1

The SSS unemployment insurance or involuntary separation benefit is available to employees, including the kasambahays and OFWs, provided that they meet the following qualification requirements:

1. Must not be more than 60 years old at the time of sudden unemployment. However, a lower age requirement is applied for those working as underground/surface mineworkers and racehorse jockeys who must NOT be over 50 and 55 years old, respectively.

2. Has paid at least 3 years (36 months) worth of monthly contributions, 12 months of which should be in the 18-month period immediately preceding the month of involuntary separation/unemployment.

3. With no settled SSS unemployment benefit within the last 3 years prior to the date of unemployment. You can only apply for this benefit ONCE every three years so if you already received this benefit within this period, you’ll be disqualified to get another one.

4. Has been involuntarily separated/laid off due to a valid reason.

This valid reason can either be one of the authorized causes for termination of the employee under Articles 298 (283) and 299 (284) of P.D. No. 442 (Labor Code of the Philippines)7, as amended:

  • Installation of labor-saving devices;
  • Redundancy;
  • Retrenchment or downsizing;
  • Closure or cessation of operation; or
  • Disease/illness of the employee whose continued employment is prohibited by law or is prejudicial to his or his co-employees’ health.

Or, one of the causes that allow an employee to quit his job without notice to the employer, as stated under Article 300 (285) of P.D. No. 442 (Labor Code of the Philippines), as amended. These are:

  • Serious insult by the employer or his representative on the honor and person of the employee;
  • The inhuman and unbearable treatment accorded the employee by the employer or his representative;
  • Commission of a crime or offense by the employer or his representative against the person of the employee or any of the immediate members of his/her family; and
  • Other causes that are analogous to any of the foregoing.

Other causes of termination:

  • Economic downturn (e.g., job loss due to the recession)
  • Natural or man-made disasters/calamities.
  • Other similar cases to be determined by the SSS or the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE).

Who Are NOT Qualified To Get SSS Unemployment Benefits?

sss unemployment benefit 2

Not all employees who were involuntarily laid off can avail of the unemployment insurance from SSS. As a rule, employees can’t get unemployment benefits if the cause of the termination is one (or more) of the causes stated under Article 297 (282) of P.D. No. 442 (Labor Code of the Philippines), as amended. These are:

  • Serious misconduct;
  • Willful disobedience to lawful orders;
  • Gross and habitual neglect of duties;
  • Fraud or willful breach of trust/loss of confidence;
  • Commission of a crime or offense; or
  • Similar cases like abandonment, gross inefficiency, disloyalty/conflict of interest/dishonesty.

In other words, you are qualified to get the benefits if the reason why you’re laid off is outside of your control and not caused by your negative behavior. Otherwise, you’ll be disqualified and your employer has the upper hand in preventing you from getting unemployment insurance.


What Are the SSS Unemployment Benefit Requirements?

1. Original copy and photocopy of at least one (1) valid ID

You can bring any one of the following primary ID cards/documents:

If you don’t have any of the above-mentioned valid IDs, you can bring the original copies and photocopies of any two (2) ID cards/documents not included on the list, provided that both of them contain your signature and at least one of them shows your photo.

2. DOLE Certification (also known as Certificate of Involuntary Separation) with the attached Notice of Termination or Affidavit of Termination of Employment.

All qualified employees who want to avail of the SSS unemployment insurance/benefits are required to secure a DOLE (Department of Labor and Employment) certification establishing the nature and date of the involuntary separation.

To apply for the DOLE certification, you need the following:

  • At least one (1) valid ID (see the previous section). However, most DOLE offices require an original copy and photocopy of 2 valid IDs so make sure you bring an additional ID on the day of your application; and
  • Either a copy of Notice of Termination of Employment issued by the employer (also known as “Termination Contract”) or a duly notarized Affidavit of Termination of Employment (see a sample here; you need to scroll down to view the sample affidavit). The second one is preferred in case your relationship with the employer didn’t end in good terms and there’s no way for you to obtain the Notice of Termination of Employment. You need to bring an original copy and photocopy of the document.
  • Certification Form (to be given by DOLE).

Once you already have the above requirements, proceed to the following office to file your application for DOLE certification:

  • For local employees and kasambahays: DOLE Field or Provincial Office where the company of the employer is located or where the employee resides.
  • For OFWs: Philippine Overseas Labor Office (POLO) where the employer operates or the DOLE Field/Provincial Office where the OFW resides.

As long as the documentary requirements you’ve submitted are complete, expect the DOLE Office or POLO to issue you the DOLE certification within one (1) day after receiving and verifying your application. 

  • If you’re in NCR, you now have the option to file a request for DOLE certification and submit the needed requirements ONLINE through the newly launched DOLE-NCR website. This innovation is a welcome development for the government service since we want to minimize the contact rate amidst the pandemic.
  • To prevent the proliferation of counterfeit DOLE certificates, the DOLE and the SSS are now set to sign a joint memorandum circular which seeks to improve the process of filing of SSS unemployment benefit claims8. Once this circular becomes effective, application for the DOLE Certification of Involuntary Separation can already be done electronically.

3. Disbursement account

Should you get approved, you won’t receive the benefits in the form of cash or check. Instead, SSS requires those who will avail of this benefit to have a disbursement account enrolled with the SSS through the Disbursement Account Enrollment Module or DAEM. The SSS will disburse the unemployment benefits through any of the following payment channels:

  • UMID card enrolled as an ATM;
  • UBP (Union Bank of the Philippines) Quick Card. Your bank statement/certificate containing your name, account number, bank branch, and address is also accepted;
  • SSS-enrolled Bank Account. If you have existing savings account from Union Bank or any other local bank, you may enroll it in SSS so you can receive the money directly from your account. Take note that the savings account must be a single account and from a PESONet-accredited bank.
  • Electronic wallet such as PayMaya or GCash.
  • Pick-up arrangement with remittance transfer companies (RTCs).

After approval, the unemployment benefits will be credited to your account so it’s imperative to have one of those mentioned above. If you don’t have a bank account, you’ve got the following options:

  • Apply for a UMID-ATM card. In case you already have the UMID card (without the ATM functionality), you can also apply for UMID-ATM card, this time as a replacement;
  • Create an accont with PayMaya or GCash; or
  • Apply for a UBP Quick Card at the Union Bank of the Philippines Kiosk located at selected SSS branches.

Among the three, you might consider getting the UBP Quick Card because:

  • It’s a Visa card so you can use it as a debit card for online or offline purchases;
  • It has no maintaining balance;
  • It can be used as a personal bank account (Related: Best Bank in the Philippines – A Definitive Guide);
  • It can be used for remittances;
  • It’s easy to obtain since you can apply for it at the same SSS branch where you’ll file your application. You can find UBP Kiosks at select SSS branches, including the main branches in Diliman, Makati, Cebu, Iloilo, and Davao;
  • It can be used to receive other SSS claims.

How To Apply for SSS Unemployment Benefits Online: 7 Steps

The sudden surge of unemployment brought about by the nationwide lockdown has pushed the Social Security System (SSS) to work on an online filing system that will fast-track the application process for SSS unemployment benefits.

According to SSS President and CEO Aurora Ignacio, the said online filing system could be available as early as April9 to all the displaced workers due to the pandemic, the total number of which is yet to be accounted for due to the limited workforce of the SSS.

Update: As of June 25, 2020, applications for the SSS unemployment benefits can now be filed online.

If you’re qualified to receive SSS unemployment benefits, you may proceed with the online filing of application by following the steps below:

1. Go to the new SSS online portal

sss unemployment benefits online application 1

You may access it by clicking this link. There are three portals to choose from: Member, Employer, and Small Business Wage Subsidy Program.

Since the SSS unemployment benefits are only available to members who have recently lost their jobs, choose Member.

2. Log in to your My.SSS account

sss unemployment benefits online application 2

Enter your user ID and password on the SSS Member Login page. Tick the captcha box and then click Submit to access your My.SSS account.

In case you have forgotten your user ID or password, read the instructions here to retrieve it.

If you haven’t created a My.SSS account yet, go to this SSS online registration guide to know about the process.

3. Select ‘Apply for Unemployment Benefit’ from the list of SSS E-Services

sss unemployment benefits online application 3

Hover your cursor over the E-SERVICES menu and then click Apply for Unemployment Benefit to proceed with the online application.

4. Fill out the online filing form

sss unemployment benefits online application 4

At the top of the page, you’ll see your mailing address, contact number, and email address connected to your account. Make sure they’re updated. You may click the link provided should you need to make any changes.

Then, fill out the online filing form.

Use the following guide to ensure you’ll provide accurate answers to the required fields:

  • Bank Details. If multiple active savings accounts were enrolled through the Disbursement Account Enrollment Module (DAEM), simply select your preferred savings account from the drop-down list provided. If you haven’t registered any savings account yet or you want to use another bank account where you prefer to receive the unemployment benefit, simply click the link provided to proceed with the bank enrollment.
  • Employment Category. Choose the employment category you belong to (e.g., Covered Employee, OFW, Mine Worker, or Racehorse Jockey).
  • Date of Separation. This must be the date of your involuntary separation as indicated in your termination contract. The date is in MM/DD/YYYY format.
  • Reason for Unemployment. The reason for involuntary separation must be valid otherwise your application will be rejected. To see the list of reasons accepted by SSS, please see “Who are qualified to get SSS unemployment benefits?” in the previous section.
  • Employer Name. Provided that your SSS account is updated, you only need to select the name of the employer from which you’re involuntarily separated from the drop-down list provided.

Double-check the encoded details to make sure they’re complete and accurate. Otherwise, you might encounter problems in claiming the benefits due to erroneous information.

Once everything is ready, click Proceed.

5. Read the certification

If you agree with the information provided, click Submit to proceed with the application.

6. Wait for the email notification from SSS

Once you receive it, you are required to reply with the attached scanned images of the documentary requirements specifically the certification issued by DOLE or POLO as well as notice of termination from your employer/affidavit of termination from employment. For more information about these requirements, click here.

Make sure that the photo or scanned image of the document/s comply with the file size requirement set by the SSS. Most applications are rejected due to the file size of the attached documents being too small or too big. If the file size is required to be 2 MB, for example, make sure to adjust the size of your scanned images accordingly. If you only took a photo of your document, you can easily scale down the size by taking a screenshot of the same photo in your gallery.

After sending the requirements, SSS will send another email confirming they have received your message and processing of your application has officially started. Don’t forget to save or write down the ticket number because you will be needing this when you follow up on your application later on.

7. Wait for the release of your unemployment benefits

About 5 to 10 days from the date of your application, SSS will release the money either to your enrolled savings account or other payment channels approved by SSS such as your UMID-ATM card, PayMaya, and remittance transfer companies.


Tips and Warnings

  • A qualified employee can only claim the SSS unemployment benefit once every three (3) years starting from the date of involuntary separation/unemployment.
  • If there are two or more compensable contingencies within the same compensable period, you’ll receive only the highest benefit. In other words, SSS can not issue two benefits at the same time. So in the event that you’re qualified for both sickness and unemployment benefits within the same period, you can only get whichever is higher between the two10.
  • The settled/approved unemployment benefit will be deducted, either in partial or full, from the future benefits you might receive if: (1) There are overlapping benefits; (2) When the involuntarily laid off employee files a case against the employer and the resolution thereof showed that the reason for termination was due to just cause/s or the case/complaint resulted in the reinstatement of the employee with the payment of back wages; (3) When the filing or payments involve false claims; or (4) When the employee is rehired within the same compensable period.
  • Never submit a counterfeit or unofficial copy of the DOLE Certificate of Involuntary Certificate. The DOLE is already aware of this illegal practie and you will be dealt with the full extent of the law if proven guilty.
  • For more information about the SSS unemployment benefits, you may contact SSS via email ([email protected]), hotline (1455), call center (7917-7777), or any of their social media channels.

Frequently Asked Questions

1. I resigned from my job. Can I avail of SSS unemployment benefits?

No. The SSS unemployment benefit is an involuntary separation benefit (meaning it’s not your choice to be fired). Therefore, employees who voluntarily quit the job will not be granted a DOLE certificate, thereby disqualifying them from getting the SSS unemployment benefits.

2. My application for DOLE certification has been denied/rejected. Why?

There are plenty of reasons why DOLE may refuse to issue you a certification. Here are the most common ones:

  • You were terminated but your employer didn’t issue you a termination contract;
  • You were terminated due to redundancy, retrenchment/downsizing, business closure, etc. but your employer failed to declare it to DOLE prior to giving you the termination contract;
  • You were terminated due to serious misconduct or other reasons stated under Article 297 (282) of P.D. No. 442 (For more information, please see “Who are NOT qualified to get SSS unemployment benefits?”);
  • You voluntarily resigned from your job (again, this is an “involuntary” separation benefit);
  • Your termination contract contains wrong information/typographical error/spelling errors. If this is the case, request for a revised contract from your company HR.;
  • You’re applying for DOLE certification more than a year after the date of your termination. Remember: You should file your claim WITHIN A YEAR from the date of your involuntary separation.

3. I’m an SSS voluntary member. Can I avail of this unemployment benefit?

Unfortunately, no. The SSS unemployment benefits/insurance is only available to employed members (including the kasambahays and OFWs) in the event that they get laid off from their jobs. If you’re a voluntary member who needs cash for your short-term needs, you can apply for an SSS salary loan instead.

4. Can I still apply for the unemployment benefits even if I have an outstanding/existing SSS loan?

Yes. The unemployment benefit is a BENEFIT, not a loan. Therefore, having an existing loan won’t prevent you from availing of it. As long as you meet all the qualification requirements listed here and you didn’t resign from your job, then you’re welcome to apply.

5. How long is the processing time of the SSS unemployment benefits?

You’ll receive the cash benefit after 5-10 working days from the date of application.

6. I’ve been temporarily laid off. Am I qualified to get SSS unemployment benefits?

No. You can only be qualified to receive the unemployment benefit if you’ve been permanently laid off. The “temporarily laid off” status will only result in the rejection of your application.

Layoffs involve employees who have lost their jobs due to reasons not related to their actual job performances. In other words, it’s an involuntary separation from work, thereby making them qualified to avail of the unemployment benefits.

However, layoffs can either be temporary or permanent. SSS only issues unemployment benefits to permanently laid-off employees who are already considered jobless without all the company benefits they used to enjoy.

7. I’m on floating or furlough status. Can I avail of the SSS unemployment benefits?

No. Technically, furloughed employees are still employees. They may be temporarily off the payroll but they retain their employment rights and can still enjoy some of the company benefits. They are different from laid-off workers who are technically not employees of the company anymore.

Since furloughed employees are still considered employed, they can’t be issued the required termination contract and DOLE certificate necessary to be qualified for the SSS unemployment benefits.

8. I became unemployed after my contract officially ended. Can SSS members like me who became jobless due to “endo” still apply for the unemployment benefits?

No. The SSS unemployment benefit is only for workers who were involuntarily separated from their work. If your contract ended, then you were not terminated so you won’t be issued a termination contract which is necessary to qualify for the SSS unemployment benefits.

9. I was laid off from my job but got hired by a new employer soon after. Can I still apply for SSS unemployment benefits?

There’s no statement in the SSS Circular No. 2019-011 that suggests laid-off members who got hired by a new employer aren’t entitled to unemployment benefits.

However, one of the limitations in the said circular states that if the “employee is rehired or re-employed within the compensable period”, the “settled unemployment insurance or involuntary separation benefit shall be deducted, either in partial or full, from the future benefit/s of the member”.

The compensable period is the time during which the member is entitled to receive unemployment benefits. In this case, members are covered by unemployment benefits for a maximum of two (2) months.

In other words, if you apply for unemployment benefits and got re-hired or re-employed within two months after your involuntary separation from the previous employer, you may still get the benefits but they will be deducted either fully or partially (depending on how soon you got rehired) from the other SSS benefits you will apply for in the future.

10. Can members still apply for unemployment benefits over the counter?

SSS now encourages all members to file their unemployment benefits claims online. Not only is it more convenient, but the online application also ensures members are protected from numerous health hazards outside.

11. I already filed my application but haven’t received the benefit yet. How can I check the status of my SSS unemployment benefit?

SSS won’t send you a notification indicating that the money has been sent to your account. What you can do is wait for 5 to 10 days for the money to reflect in your bank account. You may also check your My.SSS account to see if the unemployment benefit has already been processed and delivered.

Otherwise, you may contact SSS via email ([email protected]) or any of their social media channels.

Take note that the best way to verify the status of your unemployment benefits is through email. To inquire via email, please send the following information to [email protected]:

  1. Full name
  2. SSS number
  3. Details of your concern
  4. Photo or scanned copy of any of the following: UMID Card/PhilID/one (1) primary card/document; or Two (2) valid ID cards/documents, both of which must have your signature and at least one of which must contain your picture
  5. Photo/selfie of you holding your ID cards/documents

To avoid your request from getting rejected, please ensure that the size of your file attachment/s doesn’t exceed 4 MB.

sss unemployment benefit 3

If you have already sent an email but still haven’t got a response, you can make a follow-up request by visiting the official SSS Facebook page and leaving a comment on one of their posts. However, for SSS to check the status of your inquiry, they need you to provide the ticket number. This ticket number can be found in the auto-generated response sent to you immediately after making your first email inquiry.

sss unemployment benefit 4

Alternatively, you can also try calling SSS hotlines anytime from Monday to Friday, although expect a long waiting time as their call center hotlines must have been dealing with a lot of calls on a daily basis. The SSS Call Center hotlines are as follows:

  • 1445
  • (632) 7917-7777 (within NCR)
  • 1-800-10-2255-777 (outside NCR)

Watch the Official SSS Unemployment Benefit Webinar (2021)



  1. SSS ready to pay unemployment benefits of workers affected by COVID-induced firm layoffs, closures. (2020). Retrieved 24 February 2021, from https://www.dof.gov.ph/sss-ready-to-pay-unemployment-benefits-of-workers-affected-by-covid-induced-firm-layoffs-closures/
  2. DOF: SSS released P2.62-B unemployment benefits. (2021). Retrieved 21 September 2021, from https://news.abs-cbn.com/business/09/21/21/dof-sss-released-p262-b-unemployment-benefits
  3. SSS Circular No. 2019-011 (Guidelines on the Payment of Unemployment Insurance or Involuntary Separation Benefit). (2019). [PDF]. Retrieved from https://www.sss.gov.ph/sss/DownloadContent?fileName=ci2019-011.pdf&fbclid=IwAR1KYrwHIXwBccub8LOAAVYhrBtDZjIek8S13DCHRy99iGYQOkSOyR-KvFo
  4. SSS unemployment benefits up by 407% to P732.15M. (2021). Retrieved 21 September 2021, from https://www.bworldonline.com/sss-unemployment-benefits-up-by-407-to-p732-15m/
  5. SSS Corporate Communications Department. (2019). Social Security Act of 2018 (Republic Act No. 11199) [Ebook]. Retrieved from https://www.sss.gov.ph/sss/DownloadContent?fileName=Booklet_SS-ACT-OF-2018_05172019.pdf
  6. de la Cruz, J. (2021). Triple jobless insurance amount sought from SSS. Retrieved 24 February 2021, from https://businessmirror.com.ph/2021/02/08/triple-jobless-insurance-amount-sought-from-sss/
  7. Official Gazette of the Republic of the Philippines. Presidential Decree No. 442 (Labor Code) (1974).
  8. Patinio, F. (2021). DOLE warns vs. fake certificates of involuntary separation. Retrieved 22 September 2021, from https://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1154167
  9. SSS shifting to online filing of unemployment benefit claims. (2020). Retrieved 24 February 2021, from https://news.abs-cbn.com/business/03/30/20/coronavirus-sss-shifting-to-online-filing-of-unemployment-benefit-claims
  10. Social Security System (SSS). (2019). SSS Unemployment Benefit Brochure [PDF]. Retrieved from https://www.sss.gov.ph/sss/DownloadContent?fileName=Unemployment_Benefit_Brochure_Nov_21_2019.pdf

Written by Luisito Batongbakal Jr.

in Government Services, Juander How, SSS

Last Updated

Luisito Batongbakal Jr.

Luisito E. Batongbakal Jr. is the founder, editor, and chief content strategist of FilipiKnow, a leading online portal for free educational, Filipino-centric content. His curiosity and passion for learning have helped millions of Filipinos around the world get access to free insightful and practical information at the touch of their fingertips. With him at the helm, FilipiKnow has won numerous awards including the Top 10 Emerging Influential Blogs 2013, the 2015 Globe Tatt Awards, and the 2015 Philippine Bloggys Awards.

Browse all articles written by Luisito Batongbakal Jr.

Copyright Notice

All materials contained on this site are protected by the Republic of the Philippines copyright law and may not be reproduced, distributed, transmitted, displayed, published, or broadcast without the prior written permission of filipiknow.net or in the case of third party materials, the owner of that content. You may not alter or remove any trademark, copyright, or other notice from copies of the content. Be warned that we have already reported and helped terminate several websites and YouTube channels for blatantly stealing our content. If you wish to use filipiknow.net content for commercial purposes, such as for content syndication, etc., please contact us at legal(at)filipiknow(dot)net

FILIPIKNOW® is a registered trademark of Edustone Web Content Publishing with Registration No. 4/2019/00504365. All content is © copyrighted.
Terms of Service & Privacy Policy About Filipiknow Facts & Figures