Last Updated on 07/07/2020 by FilipiKnow
OFWs abroad who regularly pay their monthly SSS contributions either in full or with their employers’ share of contribution are qualified to avail of the SSS salary loan provided that they meet these requirements:
- Must not be older than 65 years old at the time of application;
- Must have paid at least 36 monthly contributions, 6 months of which have been paid within the last 12 months prior to the salary loan application;
- Their employers must be updated in terms of the member’s paid contributions and loan remittances;
- Must not be a recipient/beneficiary of any final SSS benefit like death, retirement, and total permanent disability benefit;
- Has never been disqualified due to fraud committed against the SSS.
Should you meet all the qualification requirements above, you can now proceed with the SSS salary loan online application.
Take note that unlike before when OFWs could still file their loan applications personally at SSS offices, all SSS salary loan applications are now required to be filed online.
Hence, without an online My.SSS account, you won’t be able to apply for SSS salary loan. If you don’t have an account yet, no problem. You can read and follow this step-by-step guide to SSS online registration.
After creating an account, you may now log in to file your salary loan application. You can learn more about the online application procedure in great detail by going to this article. For the sake of convenience, here’s an overview of how you can apply for SSS salary loan online if you’re an OFW abroad:
- Go to the new SSS website and access the Member portal;
- Log in to your My.SSS account with your user ID and password. In case you’ve lost or forgotten either of the two, you can request a password reset. This article will teach you how;
- Click the ‘E-SERVICES’ on the main menu and select ‘Apply for Salary Loan’;
- Select the amount you want to borrow and choose how you want to claim or receive the loan. If you have a UnionBank savings account or other savings account accepted by the SSS, you will be provided with a link to a page where you can enroll your bank account. Alternatively, you can click the ‘E-SERVICES’ again and then select ‘Bank Enrollment’;
- Read the Loan Disclosure Statement;
- Wait for the email notification from the SSS confirming that your loan application has been approved and is now ready for release.
In case you’re having trouble with the online application or if you have other SSS concerns, you may reach out to the OFW Program Management Department of the SSS through this email address: [email protected]
Go back to the main article: How to Apply for SSS Salary Loan Online: An Ultimate Guide