Last Updated on 10/07/2019 by FilipiKnow
According to the Authentication Rules and Regulations (ARR) of the Department of Foreign Affairs, an authorized representative can have your document/s authenticated at DFA and claim it on your behalf as long as he/she presents all of the following requirements:
- Original copy.
- Must indicate the names of the owner/applicant and the authorized representative.
- If the owner of the document/s is not in the Philippines, the SPA must be authenticated by the nearest Philippine Embassy or Consulate.
- If the owner of the document/s is a minor, the SPA must be issued by either of his/her parents.
2. Valid IDs.
- Photocopy of the owner’s/applicant’s valid ID showing his/her signature.
- Photocopy of the representative’s valid ID bearing his/her signature.
- For a list of valid government-issued IDs accepted by DFA, please go to this link.
Please be reminded that an authorized representative can only file and/or claim documents of a maximum of 10 applicants per week.
Go back to the main article: How to Authenticate Documents with DFA Red Ribbon