If we are already civilly married and then decide to get married in the church, do we need to apply for a marriage license again?

A civil wedding is already considered valid and legally binding.

Therefore, there’s no need for you to apply for a marriage license again should you decide to tie the knot in the church.

Instead, get a Certified True Copy of your marriage contract/certificate from the PSA and submit it to the church two months before the wedding.

For out-of-the-country civil weddings, you may also present a marriage certificate from the country where civil marriage took place.

Go back to the main page: How to Get Married in the Philippines – An Ultimate Guide