Yes, unmarried couples in the Philippines who have been living together as husband and wife for at least 5 years may be exempted from marriage license application as long as they meet the following conditions:
- The man and woman must have been cohabiting as husband and wife for at least 5 years.
- Both parties must be free from legal impediments that can prevent them from marrying each other.
- The fact of the absence of a legal impediment between the parties must be presented at the time of marriage.
- An affidavit, stating that the couple has been living together for at least 5 years and is without any legal impediments to marry each other, must be executed by both parties.
- A sworn statement, confirming the qualifications of the parties and that he didn’t find a legal impediment to the marriage, must be executed by the solemnizing officer.
Go back to the main article: How to Get Married in the Philippines – An Ultimate Guide