Last Updated on
If you have an expired NBI clearance, you’re probably wondering if you’re supposed to go through the same process all over again.
The hassles of making an appointment online and going to the NBI clearance center just to renew a government-issued document is too much, especially for someone with a very busy schedule.
Fortunately, through the NBI Clearance Quick Renewal, you can now renew your clearance online and get it delivered to your doorsteps in a matter of days.
In this guide, we’ll introduce you to this wonderful feature and provide answers to all the queries related to NBI clearance renewal.
First-time applicant? Read this guide instead: How to Get NBI Clearance Online in the Philippines
Table of Contents
- NBI Clearance Renewal Requirements.
- How to Renew NBI Clearance Online: 2 Ways.
- 1. NBI Clearance Renewal via Quick Renewal System.
- a. Access the NBI Clearance Online Services website.
- b. Enter the NBI ID Number from your old/expired clearance.
- c. Fill out the Quick Renewal Delivery form.
- d. Choose your preferred mode of payment.
- e. Pay the NBI clearance renewal fee at selected payment channel.
- f. Wait for your new NBI clearance to be delivered.
- 2. NBI Clearance Renewal via Standard Way.
- 1. NBI Clearance Renewal via Quick Renewal System.
- Tips and Warnings.
- Frequently Asked Questions.
- 1. I lost my NBI Clearance. Can I still renew it even if I don’t know my old NBI number?
- 2. I got a “hit” on my NBI clearance. What should I do?
- 3. How can I renew my NBI clearance if I’m abroad?
- 4. How can I verify if my NBI clearance is fake or valid?
- 5. How long does it take to renew NBI clearance?
- 6. I have a pending case. Can I still renew my NBI clearance?
- 7. A blotter report was filed against me. Will it cause any problem if I renew my NBI clearance?
- 8. I heard that the NBI Clearance Center observes a certain dress code. What should I wear on the day of my appointment?
- 9. I’m a foreigner. How can I renew my NBI clearance in the Philippines?
NBI Clearance Renewal Requirements.
1. Copy of old/expired NBI clearance.
Whether you’re renewing your NBI clearance via the Quick Renewal System or through the standard procedure, you need the NBI ID number from your old/expired NBI clearance in order for the transaction to push through.
2. One (1) valid government-issued ID.
If you’re renewing your NBI clearance via Quick Renewal System, you need a valid ID for verification purposes when receiving from the courier.
As for those renewing through the standard process, you only need to provide one valid ID when securing an online appointment. However, it’s best to bring 2 valid IDs on the day of your appointment in case the NBI personnel requires additional verification.
Here’s a list of acceptable valid IDs for NBI clearance renewal:
- UMID (SSS and GSIS)
- Philhealth ID
- Pag-IBIG ID (not the Loyalty Card)
- Police Clearance issued by the police station with jurisdiction over the applicant’s place of residence
- Birth Certificate (original copy and authenticated by PSA/NSO)
- Certification from the Local Civil Registrar
- Certification from Malacanang in connection with indigenous groups, tribal membership, a foundling
- Solo Parent ID
- Voter’s ID or Certificate of Registration
- Driver’s License
- PRC license
- Postal ID
- TIN ID
- Senior Citizen ID
- MARINA ID
- Seaman’s Book
- PWD ID
- Alien Cert of Registration
- Company ID (government employees)
Take note that company IDs (except if you’re working for the government), barangay clearances, and IDs that weren’t issued by the government will not be accepted.
Also, the IDs you’ll present will be checked for their validity and authenticity. Therefore, ensure yours are issued by the government, original and not photocopied, and with legible texts as well as your recent, recognizable photo.
How to Renew NBI Clearance Online: 2 Ways.
If you’re in a hurry and don’t have any personal information that needs updating, you can choose the NBI Clearance Quick Renewal. This method allows you to renew your clearance online and receive it after a few days.
No online appointment is necessary so you no longer need to visit an NBI Clearance Center to claim your new NBI clearance.
Alternatively, you can do the standard way of NBI clearance renewal which requires an online appointment and personal appearance at the NBI Clearance office for your biometrics. This option is ideal for those who are unable to use the Quick Renewal due to system maintenance or those who need to update/change/correct/edit their personal information (even if it only involves one letter or character).
Let’s discuss these two methods in great detail:
1. NBI Clearance Renewal via Quick Renewal System.
Update: The NBI Clearance Quick Renewal is temporarily unavailable due to system maintenance. If you’re unable to use this service, it means the maintenance is still ongoing and you are encouraged to renew your NBI clearance via the standard procedure instead.
a. Access the NBI Clearance Online Services website.
Unless you want to edit/make corrections on your name or other personal details, you don’t have to register or log-in. Go straight to the “NBI Clearance Quick Renewal” located on the lower portion of the homepage and under the NBI Clearance eServices (see screenshot above).
b. Enter the NBI ID Number from your old/expired clearance.
Upon clicking “NBI Clearance Quick Renewal,” a pop-up box will appear and request for your NBI ID Number.
Since you’re for NBI clearance renewal, I assume you still have a copy of your expired NBI clearance. Without the NBI ID number, you can’t renew your clearance.
The photo below shows where you can find the NBI ID Number on your old clearance. It contains alpha-numeric characters and located on the upper corner of the document.
Take note that the online renewal system is only applicable to NBI clearances issued from 2014 to 2018. If your NBI clearance was released prior to 2014, it is considered invalid and you must go through the same process intended for new applicants.
After providing your NBI ID Number, click “Verify” to proceed to the next step.
c. Fill out the Quick Renewal Delivery form.
Using the NBI Clearance Quick Renewal option qualifies you to door-to-door delivery, meaning you don’t have to set an appointment and personally visit the NBI office to get your new clearance.
To have your NBI clearance delivered to your doorsteps, provide all the details requested in the Quick Renewal Delivery form, most important of which is the delivery address.
Ensure that the address given is complete and accurate to avoid delays in delivery.
Since you’re availing of express delivery, the total cost is a tad higher than when you renew your NBI clearance the standard way.
Apart from the renewal fee of Php 330, a service fee of Php 25 will also be charged from you for the use of the e-payment service.
Once you’re done, click “Next” to choose a payment option.
d. Choose your preferred mode of payment.
The next page will ask you to provide your birth date and allow you to choose the mode of payment you prefer to pay the NBI clearance renewal fee.
As of this writing, there are six payment methods to choose from:
- Bank Over Counter – ideal for those who don’t have a bank account, this enables you to pay the fee over the counter in any bank like BDO, Land Bank, Chinabank, etc.
- Online Bank – is perfect for those who use online banking services of select banking partners like UnionBank EON, BPI Express Online, etc.
- Mobile Payment – is for those who have an existing GCash account.
- Bayad Center – if you want to pay the renewal fee at the nearest Bayad Center branches or through its online payment portal.
- MultiPay – available to those with MultiPay account. If you have one and your MultiPay Wallet doesn’t have money, you can load it through various MultiPay Payment outlets.
- ECPay – includes all ECPay partners such as Petron Corporation, Expresspay Inc., and RD Pawnshop, among others.
e. Pay the NBI clearance renewal fee at selected payment channel.
After selecting your preferred mode of payment, a final pop up box will appear showing a reference number.
Write down or take a screenshot of this reference number because you need it when making the payment at your selected bank/payment outlet. If you choose a method that allows you to pay the fee online, simply follow the instructions on the screen to finalize the payment.
f. Wait for your new NBI clearance to be delivered.
Expect for the NBI clearance to be delivered to your doorsteps by the courier approximately 5 to 10 working days from the time of your payment.
Delivery time depends on the applicant’s location so transit time varies.
If you want to follow up or in case you’ve failed to receive the document within that time frame, contact NBI ICTD Manila through the telephone number (02) 5228788 (local extension: 5523) or email address at [email protected]
Again, the NBI Clearance Quick Renewal is only applicable to those whose personal details/information remain unchanged since the old NBI clearance was issued.
If you need to update your marital status, change a spelling error in your name, or make changes in your Account Information, renew your NBI clearance the traditional way instead (see next section).
2. NBI Clearance Renewal via Standard Way.
This section provides the traditional way of renewing your NBI clearance online.
Unlike Quick Renewal, this option requires the applicant to register online, secure an appointment with the NBI, and personally claim the new clearance at the NBI clearance center.
It’s ideal for those whose previous/old/expired NBI clearance has a piece of information they want to correct/change/update like name, civil status (from single to married), and other personal details.
a. Go to the NBI Clearance Online Services website.
Sign in using the email address and password you used during the first time you registered.
Once logged in, your account information will show up. Review the applicant information and ensure that the application type has been updated to “RENEW.”
If you need to make changes, simply click “Edit Information” on the upper right corner of the page. Otherwise, click “Apply for Clearance” to proceed with the renewal.
b. Secure online appointment for NBI clearance renewal.
Select the “Apply for Clearance” button at the top of the screen (for mobile phone users) or upper right corner of the page (for desktop or laptop users).
A pop-up window will appear asking you to provide the valid ID you’ll present on the day of the appointment.
Choose one from the list of valid government-issued IDs (see “NBI Clearance Renewal Requirements” above). Aside from a government ID, renewal applicants are also required to bring a copy of their previous NBI clearance on the day of the appointment.
Enter the name of the ID on the designated box and click “I Agree” to continue.
Select your preferred appointment venue, date, and time. A drop-down box containing a list of NBI branches that process applications and renewals are provided.
When choosing the application date and time, take note that blue indicates available slots.
c. Pay the NBI clearance renewal fee.
After setting an appointment, proceed to the lower right corner of the same page and select your preferred payment channel. Current options are the following:
- Bank Over The Counter.
- Online Bank.
- Mobile Payment.
As of this writing, the cost of NBI clearance for both new application and renewal is Php 130. An additional Php 25 will be charged for the use of the e-payment service.
A pop-up window will appear to summarize the total amount you’ll be paying. Click “Proceed to Payment.”
Choose your preferred payment channel, get the reference number, pay the fee using your card (for online banking) or proceed to the bank or outlet where you’ll make the payment over the counter.
To check whether or not the payment has been successful, go back to the NBI clearance website and select “Transactions” from the main menu.
If you’ve already made the payment, click the “Confirm Payment” button to print your application form.
d. Have your photo and biometrics taken.
Proceed to your chosen NBI Clearance Renewal Center on the day of the appointment.
Bring your application form and at least 2 valid IDs.
Tell the security guard or any NBI personnel that your NBI clearance is for renewal.
Since you’ve already filled out your application form online and paid the fees, you can proceed to the designated “biometrics” section to have your photo and fingerprints taken.
e. Claim your new NBI clearance.
If everything goes well and you have no hits, your NBI clearance will be printed and issued to you within a few minutes.
Tips and Warnings.
1. You can renew your NBI clearance even if it’s not expired yet.
According to the NBI Clearance Help Desk, there’s no need to wait for your NBI clearance to expire before you can renew it. As long as you have a copy of your NBI clearance and it’s about to expire a few weeks or months from now, you can have it renewed through the NBI Clearance Online Services website.
2. No need to provide a photo when renewing via NBI Clearance Quick Renewal.
The reason why it’s “quick” is because it automatically retrieves your information–including your photo–from the NBI clearance database.
If you’re unable to access the NBI Clearance Quick Renewal, it means you’re either not qualified to use this feature (e.g. your NBI clearance was issued prior to 2014) or the system is undergoing maintenance.