How to Withdraw or Claim Your Pag-IBIG Contributions: An Ultimate Guide

Last Updated on

Whether you’ve saved money in the regular account or Pag-IBIG MP2 program, this guide has everything you need to know about withdrawing Pag IBIG contributions.

Go back to the main article: Pag-IBIG Contribution Table (with Detailed Computations and Explanations)


Pag-IBIG Savings I or Provident Savings.

1. When can I claim my Pag-IBIG contributions?

a. Upon membership termination.

You can withdraw your entire Pag-IBIG savings (also called provident benefits), which include all your contributions and dividends earned when your membership ends for any of the following reasons:

  • Membership maturity – Twenty years of active Pag-IBIG membership with a total of 240 paid monthly contributions.
  • Retirement – Reaching the mandatory retirement age of 65 or optional retirement age of 60. Members with no housing loan may also opt to retire earlier under the Fund upon retirement from SSS/GSIS/government service or a private employer’s retirement plan (provided that the retiring member is at least 45 years old).
  • Permanent total disability (PTD) or insanity – Lost or impaired physical/mental function due to an illness or injury.
  • Separation from work due to health reasons – Inability to perform your job due to severe health conditions, as certified by a doctor.
  • Critical illness of the member or an immediate family member – including cancer, heart disease, organ failure, stroke, and neuromuscular-related illness. The “immediate family member” can be the member’s spouse, parent, children, sibling, grandparents, grandchildren, or legally adopted children. 
  • Permanent departure from the Philippines – Leaving the country for good or getting a permanent residency status in your host country.
  • Death.


b. Optional withdrawal.

Alternatively, you may claim your Pag-IBIG contributions earlier than your membership termination, as long as you meet the following conditions:

  • Completing at least 10 years of active membership (with a total of 120 paid monthly contributions) without any gap, or 15 years with 180 monthly contributions (also without gaps)
  • No outstanding Pag-IBIG housing loan, whether as a principal or co-borrower, at the time of withdrawal.
  • For members with existing Pag-IBIG short-term loan: Outstanding balance of Php 100 or lower (Full payment of the balance to qualify for optional withdrawal is allowed). 

Related: How to Apply for Pag-IBIG Calamity Loan: An Ultimate Guide

This option can be availed only once during your entire membership. The amount you’ll receive will be 120 or 180 months’ worth of your contributions, including the dividends earned.

Also, you’ll continue to be a member until you meet any of the eligibility criteria for membership termination. By then, you can withdraw the rest of your Pag-IBIG savings.


2. What are the requirements to file a Pag-IBIG Provident Benefits Claim?

how to claim pag ibig contributions

a. Basic Requirements.

  • Completed Application for Provident Benefits (APB) Claim form
  • Original and photocopy of Pag-IBIG Loyalty Card and one valid ID / Two valid IDs (for those without a Loyalty Card). For retirement purposes, the valid IDs must show the member’s date of birth. If the valid IDs don’t reflect the member’s birth date, submit the PSA Birth Certificate or the one issued by the Local Civil Registry Office (LCRO). For those without a birth certificate, please submit the Non-availability of Birth Record issued by PSA and Joint Affidavit of Two Disinterested Persons.

b. Additional Requirements.

You’ll also need to provide additional documents, depending on your reason for claiming contributions.

 For Retirement.

  • For private employees who are at least 45 years old: Photocopy of notarized Certificate of Early Retirement
  • For government employees availing of the optional retirement: GSIS Retirement Voucher
  • For members of the AFP: Photocopies of the Order of Retirement and Statement of Service
  • For members of the PNP, BJMP, and BFP: Photocopies of the Order of Retirement and Service Record

For Permanent Total Disability or Insanity/Termination from the Service by Reason of Health.

  • Photocopy of the physician’s certificate/statement (with clinical or medical abstract)

For Critical Illness of Member of Any of His Immediate Family Member.

  • Photocopy of the physician’s certificate/statement (with clinical or medical abstract)
  • To prove the relationship of the Pag-IBIG Fund member to the immediate family, the claimant shall submit ANY of the following: (a) Photocopy of the marriage contract from the PSA or LCRO and Advisory of Marriage issued by the PSA (if the immediate family is the spouse); (b) Photocopy of the Birth Certificate issued by PSA or LCRO, Baptismal or Confirmation Certificate of the immediate family member; or (c) Photocopy of Non-availability of Birth Record issued by PSA and notarized Joint Affidavit of Two Disinterested Persons

For Permanent Departure from the Country.

  • Photocopy of passport with immigrant/residence/settlement visa or any of its equivalent
  • For those who are still based in the Philippines: Sworn Declaration of Intention to Depart from the Philippines Permanently (notarized)

For Death.

  • Photocopy of the member’s death certificate issued by PSA or LCRO
  • Proof of Surviving Legal Heirs (notarized)
  • If the deceased member is single: Photocopy of the Certificate of No Marriage (CENOMAR) issued by PSA
  • If the deceased member is married: Photocopy of marriage contract issued by PSA or LCRO and Advisory on Marriage issued by PSA
  • If the deceased member has children: Photocopy of the birth certificate issued by PSA or LCRO, Baptismal or Confirmation Certificate of all children
  • If the deceased member has a child/children who is/are either below 18 years old or suffering from physical/mental incompetence: Notarized Affidavit of Guardianship
  • To prove relationship to the deceased member, the claimant shall submit ANY of the following: (a) Photocopy of Birth Certificate issued by PSA or LCRO, Baptismal or Confirmation Certificate of the claimant/deceased member; or (b) Photocopy of Non-availability of Birth Record issued by PSA and notarized Joint Affidavit of Two Disinterested Persons

c. Important Reminders about the Requirements.

  • Documents issued abroad must be authenticated/Apostillized if the issuing country is a member of the Hague Apostille Convention like the Philippines. If not, then the documents must be duly certified by the Philippine Embassy in the country where they were issued.
  • Bring the original copy of each photocopied document on the checklist above for verification purposes.
  • In case the member/claimant won’t be able to claim the benefits personally, submit a Special Power of Attorney and two valid IDs each of the principal and attorney-in-fact.


3. How can I withdraw my contributions?

Submit the requirements to a Pag-IBIG office, ideally the branch that keeps your membership record.

Your provident benefits claim will go through an evaluation. Once your application is approved, you’ll be given a claim stub for your check pickup. 

If you’ve had only one employer, processing your claim will take only three to five working days.

However, if you’ve had multiple employers, processing will take longer (around 20 working days) because your membership records at different Pag-IBIG branches will have to be validated and consolidated first. 

The Pag-IBIG Provident Benefits Claim will be paid to the member or his/her legal heirs through any of the following methods:

  • Crediting to the claimant’s cash card or payroll account
  • Check payable to the claimant. This check can be claimed by a representative provided that this representative will present the required documents
  • Other modes of payment approved by the Board


The Modified Pag-IBIG II or MP2.

 1. When can I withdraw my MP2 savings?

a. After the five-year maturity period.

You can claim your Modified Pag-IBIG II savings after five years since you opened your MP2 account. If you want to continue saving under MP2, you need to withdraw your savings and apply for a new account.

If you don’t withdraw after the maturity period, your money will continue to earn annual dividends based on the rates for the regular Pag-IBIG savings program for another two years.

Afterward, your savings will no longer earn dividends and should be claimed immediately.


b. Pre-termination of MP2 savings.

The Pag-IBIG Fund allows early and full withdrawal of MP2 savings before the five-year maturity period for any of the following reasons: 

  • Retirement (except for pensioners)
  • Total disability or insanity
  • Separation from work due to health reasons
  • Critical illness/Death of the member or an immediate family member
  • Permanent departure from the Philippines
  • Unemployment due to company closure or layoff
  • Repatriation of an OFW member from his/her host country

If you’ll claim your MP2 savings for any other reason, you’ll receive only 50% of the total dividend earnings (if you chose compounded dividends) or just your total savings (if you chose annual dividend payout).

READ: How to Invest in Pag-IBIG MP2 Program: An Ultimate Guide


2. How can I claim my MP2 savings?

Once your MP2 account matures, you’ll receive a notification letter from the Pag-IBIG Fund with instructions on how to claim your savings.

The Pag-IBIG Fund releases the MP2 earnings (dividend + cumulative savings) through check only. According to members who have saved under MP2, the agency takes around one to three months to process the check payment of MP2 proceeds after the maturity period.

Here are the steps to claim your MP2 savings:

  • Within the month of your account’s maturity, go to any Pag-IBIG office to file for a claim. Bring two valid IDs.
  • Wait for a text message from the Pag-IBIG Fund notifying you that your check is ready for pickup.
  • Come back to the Pag-IBIG branch to claim your check. Present two valid IDs.
  • Optional: If you have no plans of spending your MP2 earnings within the next five years, you can re-apply for a new MP2 account and make a one-time payment with the amount you received.

Before withdrawing your MP2 savings, you may want to check your MP2 payments via the Virtual Pag-IBIG or any other available methods.


What will happen to the unclaimed contributions of a deceased member?

The TAV (or Total Accumulated Value) of deceased Pag-IBIG members will be paid to their heirs.

In addition, the heirs will receive a death benefit, the amount of which depends on the deceased member’s membership status with the Fund at the time of his/her death:

  • For active members at the time of death: Php 6,000, regardless of the TAV amount
  • For inactive members at the time of death: the amount is equivalent to member’s TAV or Php 6,000, whichever is lower

If you’re a designated heir of a Pag-IBIG member who has recently passed away, visit a Pag-IBIG branch to apply for a provident benefits claim.

Go back to the main article: How to Compute Your Pag-IBIG Contribution: A Complete Guide to Contribution Table and Payment

Venus Zoleta

Venus Zoleta is an experienced writer and editor for nearly 15 years, covering topics on personal finance, travel, government services, and digital marketing. Her background is in journalism and public relations. In her early 20s, she started investing and purchased a home. Now, she advocates financial literacy for Filipinos and shares her knowledge online. When she’s not working, Venus bonds with her pet cats and plans her next travel adventure.

118 thoughts on “How to Withdraw or Claim Your Pag-IBIG Contributions: An Ultimate Guide


      1. Hi, I been contributing 120 months and I want to claim for a reason. Please any advise. Im from Cebu City.

      2. All the information you need is already in the article above. For further assistance, please go to the nearest Pag-IBIG branch.

  2. I am a voluntary Pag-ibig member. I will be turning 61 this June 2020. And I would like to withdraw my contribution when i get home by May 2020 for a week. How long do you think will be the processing? Can I process it online while Im still here abroad? Thanks for your reply and more power to your website.

    1. I think you can only process it in person as there are important documentary requirements that you need to submit. The least you can do now is to complete as many requirements as you can before returning to the Philippines. See the article above for the list of requirements. Information about processing time is also indicated in the article.

      1. May salary loan ako wala na kc ako work puede ko ba mawithdraw ang pag ibig fund ko

  3. Pingback: Pag IBIG Contribution Table 2020: A Guide to Contributions and Payment

      1. I’m afraid that’s not possible since that option was never mentioned by the Pag-IBIG Fund.

    1. You won’t be able to refund your contribution if you have an outstanding Pag-IBIG loan.

  5. Clarify ko lng po morethan 120 n po ang contribution ko but resign n po ako sa company ko for moretahan one year.can I still claim my contribution if I want to withraw my membership.thank you

    1. Yes, you can.

      Read this for more info:

      1. gud day po,pede po ba ma claim ko yung remmitance ko 9years po ang contribution ko .piro may loan loan ako.kaya lang wala na po akong trabaho.

      2. Unfortunately, you should have completed at least 10 years or 120 months of active membership before you can withdraw your contributions. You should also settle all your outstanding Pag-IBIG loans first.

  6. Good afternoon po last friday ko pa po na process yung filling kailan po pwede makuha yung providence benefits ko sa Pag-ibig?

  7. Good day po. Hindi ko po natapos ung 120 months contribution ko sa pag ibig. Mula nung mag resign po kc ako sa trabaho na stop na din ung contribution ko. Since hindi naman din po ako qualify sa housing loan. Pede ko bang ma refund ung contribution ko.?

    1. You can’t withdraw your contributions yet since you haven’t reached the minimum requirement of 120 monthly contributions.

      You can read this for more info:

  8. Good morning po Sir/Mam,
    I am a DepEd employee, I was hired last June 2009, supposed to be I would like to claim my provident benefits. Upon verifying at Pag-Ibig Tacloban City Branch last October 2019, they told me I am no longer qualified to avail that said benefits instead I can avail If it if I reach my 20 yrs in service due to late remittance of our agency, where in fact every month it was deducted as reflected in our monthly payroll and my monthly payslip. I went to our Division office they issued me a certification stated that I am paid already my monthly premium last Nov. 08, 2019. But the Pag-Ibig did not honor the certification as proof that I had paid already my monthly premium based on my employee’s statement of accumulated value my number contributions reached to 126months as of Dec.04,2019.

      1. Do you want to continue paying your contribution or do you want to know how to withdraw?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Recent Content