Parents who choose to work at home to be with their children have plenty of options for earning income online. However, not all of them pay enough money to cover all household expenses.
Some online jobs may be lucrative but require remote workers to be on-call 24/7, interfering with childcare duties.
As a stay-at-home mom or dad, look for online income sources that allow you to provide sufficiently for your family’s needs without getting in the way of your child-rearing responsibilities.
Also, your online gigs should let you work around your family’s schedule so that you can do your job while your kids sleep.
Table of Contents
- Best Home-Based Jobs for Stay-at-Home Parents With Work Experience
- Best Online Jobs for Stay-at-Home Parents Without Work Experience
- Best Online Business Ideas for Stay-at-Home Parents
Best Home-Based Jobs for Stay-at-Home Parents With Work Experience
Already built a solid career before quitting your day job? Just continue doing what you do best. Offer your existing skill as a freelance service.
For example, accountants can still practice their profession by serving clients from home. Former teachers can work from home teaching English or other subjects to students online.
If you’re an expert in your field, consider taking on consultancy jobs online. You get paid to help companies solve their problems or improve their operations without having to work around the clock.
Unlike full-time office-based employees, freelancers can take jobs on a per-project basis. This flexibility is ideal for parents who want to be hands-on in raising their kids.
Best Online Jobs for Stay-at-Home Parents Without Work Experience
Lack of work experience shouldn’t deter parents from earning an income while spending time with their children.
Many types of home-based jobs pay decent income even if they don’t require certain years of experience and technical skills. Only basic computer skills are necessary.
Of course, it helps to have good communication skills, attention to detail, and patience—which are important parenting skills as well.
Here are a few examples of online jobs perfect for stay-at-home mothers and fathers.
- Online tutor – If you’re spending time teaching math and other subjects to your kids and helping them with their homework, then you can help other children learn while getting paid as a tutor.
- Virtual assistant – This is a popular online job for Filipino moms who stay at home. You can earn an income doing administrative tasks, like managing emails, social media accounts, and calendars for clients.
- Online typing/Data-entry specialist – Typing jobs are an easy way to earn money online, especially for parents who can type fast and accurately.
- General transcriptionist – This online job is best for parents who are starting an online job without experience. It helps improve your listening ability—a crucial skill for a healthy parent-child relationship. Over time, you gain experience that can land you better-paying transcription jobs in specialized fields like medicine and law.
Best Online Business Ideas for Stay-at-Home Parents
Being an online entrepreneur is the most flexible way for parents to make money. Rather than work for somebody, become your own boss by starting a home-based business. You get to call all the shots when it comes to your work schedule and family bonding time.
Exploring your options? Consider these businesses that won’t cost much to start.
- Online reselling – Buy products in bulk for cheap and resell them for profit. As a reseller, you can manage all aspects of your business online while staying at home and spending time with your children.
- Dropshipping – This type of online business is even better for parents who don’t have enough space at home for keeping product stocks. All you have to do is find your supplier, build your online store, and accept orders. The supplier will take care of shipping orders to customers.
- Selling homemade products – If you can create your own products (e.g., home-cooked dishes, baked goods, handcrafted items, etc.), you might as well make money from your talent. Your family members can help you run this home-based business.
- Blogging/Vlogging – Why don’t you start your own blog or YouTube channel? Parents are looking for parenting hacks, financial tips, and childcare advice on the internet. As a blogger or YouTuber, share your knowledge and experience in parenting online.
Go back to the main article: How to Earn Money Online in the Philippines: An Ultimate Guide