How To Replace SSS ID or UMID Card: A Quick Guide

The SSS allows old SSS ID or UMID card replacement for the following reasons:

  • Lost/non-received/damaged card
  • Correction/change of name, such as from maiden name to married name
  • Change of address
  • Correction of sex, birthdate, and/or birthplace
  • Change old SSS ID to UMID
  • Update of ID photo
  • Change of signature on the card
  • Change of fingerprint due to amputation/sickness

Replacing an SSS ID or UMID card involves the same requirements and steps with getting the ID for the first time.


Table of Contents


However, some additional steps are required for UMID card replacement:

a. For Correction/Change of Member Information

Before applying for UMID replacement, submit two copies of accomplished Member’s Data Change Request form along with the required documents at any SSS branch (See the list of requirements at the back of the form).  

b. For Lost/Non-Received UMID Card

Get a notarized affidavit of loss or affidavit of non-receipt of the card before you apply for a replacement. The notary public has a template for this kind of affidavit; simply tell your reason for replacing your UMID. Submit the affidavit along with the requirements when filing your UMID application.

c. For all UMID replacement requests (except for those due to the erroneous encoding of data and screening of previous UMID application)

Before filing your UMID application, fill out a Miscellaneous Payment form (R-6 form) and pay the Php 200 replacement fee to an SSS teller counter (if the nearest SSS branch has this service), accredited bank (BPI, PNB, UnionBank, etc.), or collecting agent (Bayad Center, iRemit, etc.).

Submit the validated R-6 form and/or payment receipt from the bank or collecting agent when applying for UMID replacement.

d. For all UMID replacement requests (except for lost/non-received card).

During UMID application, surrender your existing SSS ID or UMID card along with the requirements.

Go back to the main article: How to Get the New SSS ID in the Philippines